According to the economist Milton Friedman, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Everything in this world is accompanied by an appropriate price, and things that seem to be free in reality has strings attached to them. This economic adage’s reality is deeply felt by small and mid-sized businesses that do not have the luxury of resources and must pay everything out with their hard-earned money.
Because it is necessary for financially-restrained small and medium-sized businesses and individuals to shell out cash, it is equally important for them to find cost-efficient yet productive means by which they can perform their business tasks. This sometimes entails, of course, compromises in terms of quality and durability.
One expense that SMBs are provided with various affordable solutions is the Smartphone. This important business communication tool is used by companies for basic and advanced telephony functions such as call and text, Internet surfing, accessing and storing business files in cloud computing systems.
Smartphone companies, acknowledging the needs of SMBs, make it a point to release a budget-friendly Smartphones that are accessible to them financially. An example of affordable Smartphone from one of the giants of the Smartphone industry is the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.
From the name alone, the Galaxy S3 mini is almost a miniature version of the original Samsung Galaxy S3, and has lesser to boast of in terms of specifications, which is only understandable given the price of the handset. This is one of the more popular Android Smartphones that you can include in the models you consider as an option for your company.
We provide a list of specifications below for your perusal:
- In terms of design and build, the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini does not deviate much from the Galaxy S3, despite the fact that it is smaller and has tweaked some features that are ultimately unnoticeable. At 10.2mm and 113g, it is thicker and lighter than the S3 but it has the same curved sides and rounded corners. It also has a glass front and a plastic rear cover. It comes in various colors, such as pebble blue, marble white, garnet red, and titanium gray.
- The S3 mini’s screen is the same size with the iPhone 5, which has a 4-in panel. It offers a low resolution display based on current standards, boasting only a 480 x 800-pixel resolution and a pixel density of 233ppi. Just like the S3, it features the same Super AMOLED technology.
- This Smartphone is fitted with a 1GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM, making it an average performer in terms of speed and response time.
- The quality of the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini’s camera only matches up to its price. With a 5MP rear-facing camera and a low-resolution VGA front-facing camera that can record videos up to 720p.
- The Galaxy S3 mini comes in 8GB and 16GB varieties with a MicroSD slot that can take up a maximum of 32GB additional memory.
- It offers standard modes of connectivity such as dual-band WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, and assisted GPS.
- S3 mini runs with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and has an impressive battery life that can last a full day starting at full charge and with regular use.
As per the latest reports and rumours, Samsung’s Galaxy SU Mini is round the corner and Samsung has accidentally put up an image of the Galaxy S4 mini on its Apps site,which they later removed. If rumours are to be believed, the Galaxy S4 mini is expected to feature a 4.3-inch Super Amoled display, powered by 1.6GHz processor, and will be equipped with an 8-megapixel camera.
This article has been written by Michelle Simpson. Michelle Simpson is a full-time professional editor that focuses on online writing services, specialized in the field of technology like RingCentral telephone service providers, business and current trends in the industry.