Airtel recently launched a unique USSD based service which allows Airtel customers to update their Facebook status messages, view/comment/’Like’ news feed, post on friends walls, find/add new friends, confirm friend requests, view notifications and more, directly from the mobile phone without the need of Internet connectivity! This means you will not be paying monthly/weekly/daily charges for using Mobile Office or NOP (neither Airtel Live will be used) just to keep an eye on your Facebook account on the move.
Based on Fonetwish, developed by U2opia Mobile, this service will be very useful for those who do not wish to spend money on Internet plans for the sole purpose of accessing Facebook on mobile and/or do not own high end smart-phones.
How To Use It?
USSD is an innovative concept and I am guessing more is in store based on this service. For now, lets keep it simple and stick to usage for Facebook. The reason why I am writing these step by step instructions is that some people are new to this concept of following/replying to USSD commands. Follow the below mentioned steps to update your status on Facebook free of cost directly from your mobile phone irrespective of the handset you use:
- Dial *325# from your Airtel mobile number.
- You will be greeted with a message as shown below (refer pic above). Click ‘Exit‘ and wait for another message to appear.
- This time you will be asked for your Facebook username. Enter the full username as you do on your computer and send it.
- You’ll now be asked for facebook password (Repeat the process as in Step 3).
- If the credentials you submitted were correct then you will see a menu appear on screen showing “Welcome to Facebook” and list of things you can do.
- You can now:
- Update Facebook status for free!
- View/comment/’Like’ news feeds, post on friends walls, confirm friend requests, view notifications, find and add friends (Chargeable at Re 1 per day per use).