Apple has released a software update for its iOS 5 operating system to bring relief to iPhone 4S users who have been complaining about short battery life. Apple, after receiving lot of complaints about short battery life of new iPhone, had promised earlier to address the issue.
To get the iOS update, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad owners should follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Go into their “Settings” app.
- Select “General”.
- Now select “Software Update”.
- From here, the device will ping Apple to see whether an update is available (it should be available for everyone at this point).
- An iOS 5.0.1 prompt will appear. Once you initiate the software download, the device will ask you to plug the gadget into a power adapter.
In addition to a fix to the battery life problem, Apple said the software update will add multitasking gestures to the original iPad, fix bugs that have to do with syncing documents to iCloud, address some security issues including a flaw in the operating system that may allow hackers to build apps that secretly installs programmes to steal data.
The update is available for:
- iPhone 4S,
- iPhone 4,
- iPhone 3GS,
- iPad 2,
- First generation iPad,
- Fourth/Third generation iPod Touch.