Canon India has launched today EOS 850D with advanced technology such as Dual Pixel CMOS AF, EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition in Optical viewfinder and high speed Auto Focus (iTR AF) for face detection and 4K video recording for crisp and smooth footage. Canon EOS 850D is an ideal camera for capturing moments on the go.
Key Features of EOS 850D
- It comes with a 24.1-megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 imaging processor for superior image quality. With an improved maximum ISO performance to 25,600 for still images and expandable to 51,200, the EOS 850D possesses exceptional low-light capability and is perfect for shooting at night and in dark places
- The EOS 850D also comes with an optical viewfinder that is equipped with excellent shooting performance and controls. During viewfinder shooting of up to 7 fps, users will not experience any time lag, and with all cross-type 45 point AF, a wider area can be covered to allow flexibility in composing and tracking, Ideal for capturing unpredicted subjects movements
- It comes with EOS iTR – Intelligent Tracking and Recognition in Optical View Finder, subject tracking performance is enhanced through face detection function, which enables users to detect faces even in environments where skin colour detection is lost against the background. It is made possible with information from 220,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- During Live View shooting, Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the EOS 850D makes it possible to achieve high-speed AF. When it is paired with a compatible lens, AF is possible in an 88% horizontal by 100% vertical area, allowing more freedom in composition. With free composition, users are able to achieve fast and comfortable Live View shooting with the EOS 850D
- Since the EOS 850D can specify any position from a maximum of 3,975 AF positions, it is possible to move the AF point smoothly, making it easier to pinpoint AF on the subject and focus as desired
- Additionally, Eye Detection AF is available on the EOS 850D, enabling the camera to automatically focus on the eyes of the human subject and allowing the user to focus on capturing natural expressions while ensuring a sharp focus, even when the subject is in motion
- Operation-wise, the new Quick Control Dial allows for easy setting changes and image search. Located in positions on the camera body that can be easily accessed, users can quickly change camera settings by simply turning the dials. Additionally, the new AF-ON button on the back of the EOS 850D allows the user to operate autofocus separately. When shooting a moving subject, pressing the AF-ON button allows the camera to keep tracking the subject with AI Servo AF and the shutter release button allows the user to concentrate on timings their shots perfectly and not miss out on crucial moments
- It can record 4K UHD video in 23.98p/25p format for a cinematic feel and Full HD video in 59.94p/50p format. The 4K time-lapse movie function allows users to easily capture stunning day-to-night time-lapse movies of cityscapes in ultra-high resolution through a selection of pre-set scenes or simple manual settings
- The EOS 850D also incorporates in-body electronic image stabilization to enable “Movie digital IS” for steady vlog or handheld movies. The 3.0-type 1.04 million-dot Vari-angle touch panel LCD monitor makes it easy to shoot video from high or low angles
- Users can expect seamless connectivity with Wi-Fi available on the camera for easy transfer of images to smartphones and laptops. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is also available for remote shooting with smartphones through the Canon Camera Connect app.
This camera will go on sale in India in April 2020.