Canon India, a reputed name in imaging solutions and other products such as printers, projectors and copiers, has major investments to set-up Canon Technical Excellence Centre (CTEC) in Noida.
The Canon Technical Excellence Center (CTEC) spreads across 40,000 sq. ft. is carved with 5 tools, CTEC focuses on:
- Learning– C-TEC is the learning hub that’s being used to conduct technical trainings, demonstrations, product testing and simulation. Partners as well as Canon engineers can enhance their technical skills from very basic to vastly innovative creation. C-TEC conducts 5k-6k of man-hours training every year, covering more than 1500 engineers nationally. With that, C-TEC Engineers have an edge over the rest.
- Invention – With DreamLabo a viable alternative to silver halide technology, Canon brings in an innovative idea, which is not just about colour and output, but also about recreating memories in a way that they remain alive for a lifetime. The spectacular HD printing can make one bring back and cherish those moments.
- Rejuvenation – Refreshing the old leading to regeneration, driven by the philosophy of Kyosei, Canon always endeavour to rejuvenate the environment. At CTEC Canon ensures that all the recyclable items are reused efficiently and non-recyclable items are scrapped in an environment friendly way, as per statutory requirements.
- Expertise– CTEC is a hub for repairs of high end cameras, which demands qualified engineers. This facility houses one of the best dark rooms in Asia measuring 33m in length and covering an area of 2192 sq feet. Lens adjustment of Up to 800mm along with all the tools as recommended by Canon Ink, which results in high precision repairs work. Canon Technical Excellence Center compliments the goal of delighting you always with its skill and expertise.
- Responsibility: CTEC takes vital steps towards nurturing the environment and immensely supports sustainable development as the rooftop is labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Investment has also been made for RO plants for water purification, thus playing an important part in sustainable development.
Besides providing training and learning facility CTEC also focuses on services and repair of complete range of Canon products. It provides refurbishing, regeneration of copiers & printers, refilling of toner cartridges and also recycling of products for safeguarding the environment.
The CTEC operations are segregated into different parts with separate floor area dedicated to each function:
The basement area is for Rejuvenation, where business process machinery are brought back from the field refurbished. In case if these machines are irreparable, they are recycled or scraped as per the Indian government’s norms of e-waste disposal.
The ground floor is reserved for Demonstration. It has HD Photo Zone, where high-end commercial products like DreamLabo, Oce & iPF Pro Printer are kept for training & demonstration purposes. There are two units of DreamLabo installed, which are Canon’s first inkjet production photo printer used for wedding photo printing. One of the unit is used for training purposes and the other for customer demonstration and usage. The Toner Refilling Plant is also situated on the same floor and includes a high-tech compression Plant to maintain the quality of air. This is where used toner cartridges are refilled.
The Training Center is located on the first floor, where training is imparted to Service Engineers, Business Imaging Solutions IDC Partner Engineer & Managers. The Level 3 technical help desk for technical and software support is also positioned on this floor. This floor is rightfully called the heart of Market Engineering.
On the next floor, there is an in-house Repair Center. This is where Inkjet and laser printers (warranty or Dead on Arrival cases) are repaired. The spare parts are re-engineered and reused as well. Parts which cannot be reused are either recycled or disposed of as per government norms. On the same floor, defective PCBs are repaired and reused for contractual machines.
On the third floor, there is a separate Camera Repair Center formed by consolidating Delhi-NCR region repair centers. The entire range of Canon DSLR, lenses, projector and broadcasting cameras are repaired on this floor.
The topmost floor of CTEC or the rooftop is rightly labelled as Social Responsibility area. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed on the rooftop. Investment has also been made into RO plants for water purification and LED lights to save power consumption for sustainable development.
The Canon Technical Excellence Center (CTEC) has been set-up with the sole purpose of “delighting their customers”. To provide efficient and professional services under one roof, Canon has taken this endeavor under their Kyosei philosophy which signifies “living and working together for the common good.” This is an ongoing process of Canon and will help them to boost confidence of their future and existing customers.