As you might have guessed from the post title, this article is about checking the quality of your mobile phone. In this post i will let you know a code, inputting which, will reveal the place where your mobile phone was assembled !
Just follow the below mentioned steps and in no time you will know the country in which your mobile was assembled.
- Press the keys *#06# on your mobile phone.
- Inputting the above mentioned keys will reveal your mobile’s unique International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number.
- Now, check the 7th and 8th digits of your IMEI number. For eg: If your IMEI number is XXXXXXZY, then the 7th and 8th digit will be Z & Y respectively.
- Refer the below mentioned table to know the country where mobile was assembled.
- If the 7th & 8th digits are 02 or 20 — Assembled in Emirates — Bad quality.
- If the 7th & 8th digits are 08 or 80 — Assembled in Germany — Bad but less as compared to 02 or 20.
- If the 7th & 8th digits are 01 or 10 — Assembled in Finland — Good quality.
- If the 7th & 8th digits are 00 — Assembled in ORIGINAL FACTORY — Best Mobile Quality, you can ever get.
- If the 7th & 8th digits are 13 –Assembled in Azerbaijan — Worst quality.
P.S – This code to know IMEI number and country in which it was assembled, as far as i know, works for all mobile phone manufacturers and not just NOKIA. I own a Sony Ericsson and the code was working for me.
Do let us know, where was you mobile manufactured.