As promised by CREO during launch of its first Mark 1 smartphone that its indigenously developed Fuel OS based on Android will be updated every month to make the phone new each month, the company has fulfilled its commitment. Creo has announced today the first software update exactly one month after the Creo Mark 1 phone’s launch. The new update has many features such as Enhance, Data Manager, Selfie Flash and an upgrade to the existing features of Sense and Echo.
Data Manager – It allows a simple and intuitive way of saving cellular data consumption by regulating data access to the many apps present on the user’s phone. It informs the user of the size of the problem (how much background data is being used out of their total data consumption) and provides simple toggles to restrict unwanted apps from consuming background mobile data. An internal research done by CREO reveals that this feature can help save data charges up to 25-30%, varying on usage.
Enhance – It is a seamless photo editor complementing the Camera App and the Gallery, and allows for quick and easy photo editing. It will enable users to Crop, Transform and Adjust images in addition to setting Vignettes and applying various Filters. Apart from these options, Enhance also allows users to create custom presets which can be applied instantly.
Selfie Flash- It lets the user click well-lit selfies using the front facing camera in environments where the lighting may not be conducive to photography. When the Selfie-Flash mode is switched on, the 5.5 inch phone display lights up for a split second radiating a burst of light for that perfect selfie.
Sense – The Mark 1 was launched with Sense – a unified search experience built exclusively in Fuel OS. Sense facilitates the local search of contacts, applications documents, music files, emails etc. Sense can be activated from anywhere in the phone by a simple Double Tap on the Home Button. Creo has upgraded this software with following added features:
- Calculations on the go. Enter Calculations and get real-time results.
- WhatsApp any contact directly with a simple Double Tap on the Home Button
- Add a Phone number to contacts.
- Search for Apps directly on the Play Store
Echo- Another feature that was introduced with the launch of the Mark 1 was Echo – a built-in answering machine in Fuel OS which works right out of the box and has zero operator or internet dependency. This too has been upgraded with following features:
- All new hassle free Echo Mode which directs all calls to Echo without the involvement of the user. Echo Mode also comes with smart triggers – such as automatically turning on when the phone is on Silent Mode or when an upcoming meeting is detected on the user’s calendar.
- Taking personalization a step further, Echo now allows users to be able to set different Welcome Messages for different contacts in the phone.
- Besides English, Echo now welcomes callers in all new 6 popular Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
The CREO Mark 1 phone is currently available on sale on the company’s official website (www.creosense.com) and on Flipkart.com at Rs. 19,999.