Beginning with describing spam, it basically flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services.
Spam costs the sender very little to send — most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.
Spam is a menace that everyone has to deal with, whether you are a blogger or just a regular email user. Although email providers such as yahoo, google or hotmail provide protection against spam however they are not always able to do so.
In this post i am sharing a simple way of automatically deleting spam from your Gmail account.
There is Auto Delete feature in Gmail to remove the spam immediately. In order to do so follow the steps mentioned below :-
- Go to Settings > Filters
- Click on Filter.
- Click on create new filter
- In the text box “Has the words “, type “is:spam” without quotes (leave the remaining fields blank)
- Click on Next Step.
- Click OK in the warning message (You will get it after clicking on the Next Step button ).
- Check the “Delete it” option, leave other as it is.
- Check “Also apply filter to 0 conversations below.”, if you want to delete current spam also.
- Click Create Filter.
That’s it, you are free from potential spam emails !!!
A word of advise : This method is a good way of deleting spam but be careful that there are some email verifications that might also be deleted in this process. So, use it at your own risk !