Ford owners can now wirelessly connect the Amazon MP3 app on their Android smartphone to the SYNC connectivity system to access and enjoy their entire Cloud Player music library in their car using simple voice commands or the audio controls. Ford Applink-equipped vehicles include the 2013 Ford Fiesta, Mustang, Focus, E-Series, C-MAX Hybrid, Expedition, Fusion, F-150 and Super Duty models.
Customers will love the integration of Amazon Cloud Player and SYNC Applink because they will be able to:
- Access their music playlists with the convenience of using voice recognition or dashboard controls
- Play music stored in Cloud Player or play back music stored on their mobile phone
- Enjoy eligible music in high-quality 256kbps audio
- Get rid of CDs, wires, and other ways they used to connect and listen to their music in the car
- Free up local storage space on their phones by storing and accessing music in the cloud
There are already millions of customers using Amazon Cloud Player to download, manage and stream their music in the cloud and on Kindle Fire, Android devices, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, Sonos, Roku and Samsung TVs. Now with the availability in Ford SYNC Applink-equipped cars, Amazon Cloud Player continues to offer the broadest selection of playback solutions of any major cloud music service.
The integration of Amazon Cloud Player and Ford vehicles is the latest in a series of new digital music features that Amazon has launched in recent months. Earlier this year, Amazon announced AutoRip, giving customers free MP3 versions of eligible CDs they purchase from Amazon, including past purchases dating back to 1998 — automatically added to their Cloud Player libraries.