Fossil Group has launched today its next generation of smartwatches across brands in India. New smartwatches unveiled are Fossil Gen 4 Smartwatch Venture HR and Explorist HR for Fossil, Skagen Falster 2 for Skagen, Michael Kors Access Runway for Michael Kors, Emporio Armani Connected for Emporio Armani, A|X Armani Exchange Connected for Armani Exchange and Diesel Full Guard for Diesel.
These smartwatches are powered with Wear OS by Google and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 Platform. These smartwatches have features of Heart-Rate Tracking, Untethered GPS, Swimproof Functionality and much more. Fossil has created exclusive watch dials for these smartwatches that allow users to easily access manual readings directly from their watch face.
Heart rate functionality is an important task required by the users of smartwatches. Whether going for a run outside or hitting the gym, you can automatically track your heart rate during logged exercises with Google Fit. Salient features of this function:
- Take a manual heart rate reading and automatically track heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit
- Heart rate graphs show progress throughout a large variety of workouts and improves workout tracking experience
- Dials have heart rate integrated into the designs, showing users their beats per minute on their watch face at a quick glance
New untethered GPS capabilities of these smartwatches allow the users track walks, and runs, hikes, bike rides, and more via Google Fit and third-party fitness apps without having to bring your phone along. Your watch will automatically map and track your location and distance during logged workouts.
These watches are swim proof and users can track swim workouts, hang poolside or hop in the shower without risk of damaging their smartwatch. For consumers ready to hit the trails for a run or ride without taking their phone, music can be downloaded from third party apps directly to device.
According to Fossil, with the new generation of smartwatches, Fossil Group is bringing a unique, fun take on technology. With function-based dials, social sharing abilities and an immense amount of personalization opportunities, these watches truly allows users to “Make it Your Own.” The added functions like Heart Rate, and GPS will give users a 360-holistic way to track all parts of their lives, while keeping true to the authentic creative spirit of innovative watch design that Fossil was founded on more than 30 years ago.
Key Features include:
- Stainless steel case (Venture HR: 40mm / Explorist HR: 45mm)
- Stunning touchscreen digital display
- 24+ hours battery life (based on usage)
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets (Venture HR: 18mm / Explorist HR: 22mm)
- Connect via Bluetooth technology
- Wireless syncing + magnetic charging
- Compatible with iOS 9.3+ and Android 4.4+ (excluding Go edition)
- Sensors: Heart Rate, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Microphone
- Powered with Wear OS by Google
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 Platform
These smartwatches are priced Rs. 19,995 onwards.
Fossil first entered the smartwatch market to meet the growing demand for beautifully designed technology that could be personalized and the new line of Generation 4 watches by the brand is testament to this very promise. Packed with unique design traits to make room for customization from strap to dial – it offers a plethora of exclusive dials, ranging from fashion forward to novelty for the users to choose from. An increasing number of third party apps can be installed for users to enhance their device experience, as well as set social media photos as watch face backgrounds. Additionally, users can now charge their device within an hour to last all day owing to the optimized charge time, adds the statement of the Fossil Group.