Harley-Davidson has launched today 2018 Softail family of four cruiser motorcycles in India. These four motorcycles are 2018 Fat Boy, the 2018 Fat Bob, 2018 Street Bob and the 2018 Heritage Softail Classic.
These 2018 Softail range boasts of more rigid frame which is is 65% stiffer than the outgoing Softail design and which leads to a 34% increase in overall chassis stiffness as stated by the company. These motorcycles have new high-performance dual-bending valve front suspension – first introduced on 2017 Touring models – delivers damping performance that’s similar to a cartridge fork but with improved, more responsive damping characteristics. It’s optimised for both comfortable cruising and spirited riding. The new monoshock rear suspension preserves the classic hardtail look while revamped geometry improves ride quality, traction and control.
The all-new Softail models are up to 17kg lighter than before, delivering an improved power-to-weight ratio that provides quicker acceleration, better braking and dynamic cornering capability combined with increased lean angles for many models.
All the four motorcycles launched today are powered by Harley-Davidson 107, 1745cc engine that is a part of the Milwaukee 8 series of engines.
Fat Boy now has refined satin-chrome finishes with following features:
• Aggressive, steamroller stance and front end design
– Modern-day interpretation of the classic headlight nacelle
– A 160mm front tire, the widest-ever on a Harley-Davidson production model, wraps the solid Lakester front wheel
• 16kg weight reduction to previous model
• Standard ABS
• 240mm rear tire with solid Lakester rear wheel
Heritage Classic features:
• New detachable windscreen
• New rigid, lockable, sealed, water-resistant saddlebags
• Taller suspension with increased passenger and cargo payload capacity
• 17kg weight reduction to previous model
• Standard cruise control and ABS
Fat Bob features:
• 2-1-2 upswept performance exhaust with a custom finish
• Largest aggressively treaded tires from the Motor Company: 150 mm front and 180 mm rear
• Dual disc front brakes
• 13.2 litre fuel tank
• 15kg weight reduction to previous model
• Inverted 43mm cartridge style front forks
Street Bob features:
• Smooth-top 13.2 litre fuel tank
• Black spoke wheels with chopped fenders
The Harley-Davidson Fat Bob is priced Rs. 13.99 lakh, the Street Bob is priced Rs. 11.99 lakh, the Heritage Softail Classic is priced Rs. 18.99 lakh and the Fat Boy is 17.49 lakh. These are are ex-showroom, India.