This week was marked for smartphones. After two smartphones each by Motorola and LG, HTC of Taiwan has announced its second smartphone – HTC Desire V dual-SIM Android smartphone. HTC had announced availability of its other model – HTC ONE S – only yesterday. This smartphone is available in two colors – black and white – on e-commerce sites of flipkart and infibeam for Rs.21,999/- with free home delivery in 6 – 8 business days.
HTC Desire V is powered by Android 4.0 ICS operating system, 1 GHz Qualcomm processor and features a 4″ inch WVGA display. This phone offers dual-SIM with dual standby. However, the smartphone restricts the use of 3G to only one SIM card and the second SIM only offers GPRS support. Like HTC One S, this phone is also loaded with Beats Audio support and Sense 4.0.
- SIM1 – GSM / GPRS (900/1800/1900 MHz)
- SIM2 – GSM / GPRS / EDGE + UMTS / HSPA (850/900/1800/1900 MHz + 900/2100 MHz)
- Dimensions: 118.5 x 62.3 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 114 g.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4
- Qualcomm MSM 7227A, 1 GHz processor
- 4″ inch, 480×800 pixels display
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED backlight
- Beats Audio
- FM radio
- 4 GB internal, microSD slot for memory cards (Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB)
- 512 MB RAM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, micro-USB, GPS / AGPS, 3.5 mm audio jack
This is the only high-end dual-SIM Android smartphone and other dual-SIM smartphones are available in the sub-Rs. 10,000 bracket. But this phone has superior features like Beats Audio for sound enhancements and 5MP autofocus camera, and these features will attract those customers who prefers theater like audio experience and high quality imaging. Only coming days will tell whether this device can make a mark in the market with its current price.