HMD Global has announced today that Nokia 7.1 will join Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 for getting update for Android 10. This is the third Nokia smartphone (7.1) to receive the latest Android OS since its official launch, coming just days after the rollout was announced for the Nokia 9 PureView. HMD Global has made good on its promise to update three devices in Q4 2019 and is on track to have even more of its smartphone portfolio running Android 10 by early 2020.
Nokia smartphones maintain their position as leaders in fast OS updates. As an Android One programme smartphone, the Nokia 7.1 was launched with a promise of three years’ worth of guaranteed monthly security updates and two years of OS upgrades. With Android 10 being the Nokia 7.1’s second OS update, HMD Global consolidates its commitment to Nokia phones getting better over time with consistent software updates.
With Android 10 update, Nokia 7.1 users will get following features on their phones:
- Gesture Navigation: control of Nokia smartphone will just get slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take
- Privacy Controls: you will have more control of your personal data at one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, just while in use, or never
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family