It is raining season for big screen smartphones. Chinese telecom giant Huawei, which is the the world’s 4th largest smart-phone maker, today launched the smartphone with 6.1 inch HD display, the Huawei Ascend Mate in the India market for Rs. 24,900.
The Ascend Mate is available in crystal black and pure white. This phablet is available through online channels like Flipkart, Infibeam, Snapdeal, Shopclues.com, HS18 and modern trade like Croma, Ezone and IT and multi-brand mobile stores across India.
The key feature of this phablet is its powerful 4050 mAh battery. With Huawei’s proprietary Quick Power Control (QPC) and Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) battery efficiency and smart power-saving technology, the smartphone provides up to two days of ordinary useage on a single charge. It has the fastest battery charging capability of smartphones in its range, which saves over 30% of battery charging time.
The Ascend Mate features a 6.1-inch 720p display, and has a Gorilla Glass display for scratch resistance. It has ‘Magic Touch’ feature which provides enhanced screen responsiveness even with gloves. The Ascend Mate is powered by a Huawei Hi-Silicon quad-core 1.5GHz processor and has 2GB of RAM. The phablet runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Huawei’s Emotion UI layer on top.The phone offers internal storage of 8GB expandable up to 32GB via microSD card.
The Ascend Mate is equipped with an 8.0-megapixel AF rear-facing camera with HDR and 1.0-megapixel HD front-facing camera. This smartphone also provides dual MIC noise reduction technology, Dolby sound system and stereo recording. Huawei Ascend Mate features an Augmented Reality navigation application to help reach your destination, ‘smart reading’ functionality allowing quick reference to dictionaries, Wikipedia and Google Search pages, and ‘swift sharing’ to upload pictures, videos and other files two- to three-times faster than other smartphone users in a Wi-Fi environment.
The Ascend Mate is slim and stylish, designed to fit comfortably in a single hand at just 6.5mm thin at its narrowest part, and weighs 198g, As is the case with other phablets, this device also does not fit into the pocket of your trouser or jean.
The Ascend Mate will compete with recently launched Samsung Mega 5.8 and Mega 6.3 price at Rs. 25,000 and 31,400, respectively.
Salient Features of Ascend Mate :
- Operating system: Android 4.1
- User interface: Huawei Emotion UI
- Camera: 8.0-megapixel AF rear-facing camera with HDR, and 1.0-megapixel HD front-facing camera
- Video: 1080P video recording and video playback
- Screen: 6.1-inch HD IPS+ 1280 x 720 LCD touchscreen with Corning® Gorilla® glass
- Display: DLNA, Huawei AirSharing
- Weight: 198g
- Dimensions: 163.5 mm x 85.74 mm x 9.9 mm (6.5 inches x 3.4 inches x 0.4 inches)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core Hi-Silicon K3V2 + Intel XMM6260
- Battery: 4050 mAh (typical)
- Standby time: up to 9 days on WCDMA
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n with Wi-Fi Direct, and Bluetooth 4.0 LE + EDR
- Network: supports UMTS bands 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz; GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Compatibility: supports AVI, MPEG4, mp3, AAC+, Enhanced AAC, and reading and editing Microsoft Office and Adobe documents through WPS Office
- Pre-installed games: Dungeon Hunter 3