Amazon.co.jp announced toay that the all-new Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD are coming to Japan,which will give Japanese customers access to Amazon’s vast selection of over 22 million books, manga, apps, games and songs, plus web browsing, email and more. Kindle Fire for ¥12,800 and Kindle Fire HD for ¥15,800 are available for pre-order today and will begin shipping December 19. Kindle Fire HD is already the #1 best-selling item in the world for Amazon.
Kindle Fire HD is the latest generation of the world’s best-selling 7” tablet. Features include:
- Stunning customized HD display
- Fastest Wi-Fi of any tablet
- High-performance processor and graphics engine for snappy and smooth performance
- Exceptional battery life—over 11 hours
- Front-facing HD camera with customized Skype application for video calling from anywhere in the world
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio—available for the first time on a tablet
- 16 GB or 32 GB of local storage, enough to accommodate the larger file sizes of HD content
- Amazon’s vast content ecosystem—over 22 million books, manga, apps, games and songs
“Not only does Kindle Fire HD feature the most advanced hardware, it’s also a service. When combined with our unmatched content ecosystem, unmatched cross-platform interoperability, and standard-setting customer service, we hope people will agree that Kindle Fire HD is the best 7” tablet available anywhere, at any price,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO.