Two days after launch of its grandest Galaxy S IV with various innovative software features, some analysts who are not feeling comfortable with huge success of Galaxy range of smartphones of Samsung, have commented that this smartphone will not set the world on fire. They may comment the way they like, but one thing is quite clear that Samsung has got the momentum and its new device has many unique features, which are not available on any smartphone so far, and which will compel the buyers to go for it.
We list below some innovative features of Galaxy S IV:
- Eight-core processor : Galaxy S IV is powered by Exynos 5410 processor. It has eight cores with four of them being the high-performance cores based on A15 architecture from ARM, a British company. These cores run at 1.8GHz. The other four cores, which are slower – 1.2GHz – but more power efficient, are based on A7 architecture.
- Dual Camera : With this feature, you can simultaneously shoot with the front and rear cameras. When capturing moments, users can choose from a variety of frame effects which blend the two pictures naturally and also adjust the size of the small picture inside the big one.
- Sound & Shot : with this feature, you can store some audio with still photos.In this way, you can enrich any picture by adding background sounds for a few seconds.
- Eraser: It allows you to remove unnecessary or disturbing elements from the snap. You can save the best after erasing moving objects from 5 consecutive pictures.
- Smart Pause : that pauses a video if you look away.
- Smart Scroll: that automatically scrolls pages up or down.
- Group Play: With the Group Play function, users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a Wireless access point or cellular signal. It enables users to connect directly with others to share, play and co-create content and entertainment instantly. Its Share Music option allows users to have the same song playing on multiple phones in sync to create the best party atmosphere.
- Air Gesture: With Air Gesture, you can change the music track, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of your hand. Air Gesture in the Galaxy S4 allows users to navigate the phone without actually touching it.
- S Translator : which provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, text message and ChatON.
Some critics are of the opinion that too many features may confuse the users. On the contrary, we give this as a plus point for the success of Galaxy S IV, as Samsung has been able to combine all the innovative features in one device and the user has the liberty to use the same as per his/her choice and need.
Moreover, none of the above features can be found in Apple’s iPhone or the newly launched HTC One. Surprisingly, HTC has commented that the Galaxy S IV ‘offers nothing new’ to its users. Probably, they forget that even Samsung’s arch-rival is facing the heat and because of its innovative features, Samsung has not only upstaged many players like Nokia but also Apple and is truly the world’s dominant leader in smartphones and for the last few years after the tremendous success of its Galaxy range especially Galaxy S II,III and Galaxy Note and Note II. The current momentum of Samsung will take it to further heights of glory, fame and unprecedented success and it will be very difficult for Apple to break Samsung’s monopoly of smartphone arena, unless they come out with some game-changing device.