LG has announced today that its flagship LG G5 with new UX 5.0 User Interface will star rolling-out in South Korea on 31st March followed by US on 1st April and rest of the countries later on. In India, this phone will be arriving in the month of May as per our speculation. LG G5 was unveiled at Mobile World Congress last month in Barcelona.
Some of the salient features of LG G5 are :
- It has a sleek, metal aluminum uni-body featuring a Slide-out Battery and a Modular Type design. With its Slide-out Battery feature, one can easily swap out a depleted battery for a fully charged one in seconds.
- It features a 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi) with Always-on feature. The concept of the Always-on Display was first introduced in the LG V10 as the Second Screen and now that feature has evolved on to the main display to show the time and date continuously even when the G5 is in sleep mode.
- It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 820 processor which offers advanced features such as 64-bit performance and Adreno 530 graphics, which has capability of up to 40 percent faster graphics performance and up to 40 percent more power efficiency compared to the previous generation.
- The LG 65 comes with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB of internal storage which can be extended upto 2TB via microSD card. This phone runs on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow with LG’s newly introduced UX 5.0 User Interface.
- The LG G5 has two cameras on the rear: Standard 16MP and Wide 8MP – one with a standard 78-degree lens and another with a 135-degree wide angle lens, the widest available in any smartphone.
- LG has introduced a wide range of companion devices, aptly called LG Friends, to deliver fun while providing a new mobile experience far beyond traditional smartphone boundaries. These devices are LG 360 VR, LG 360 CAM, LG Rolling Bot etc. These companion devices, or Friends, will be available in select markets at the time of the G5 rollout or soon after.
LG G5 got very good response at MWC and has won a record 33 awards including Best New Smartphone at MWC 2016 from the GSMA’s Glomo Awards, the mobile industry’s longest established awards platform for innovation, excellence and achievement.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear: Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP / Front: 8MP
- Battery: 2,800mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
- Colors: Silver / Titan / Gold / Pink