Mahindra & Mahindra has launched today its highly-anticipated new SUV, the Mahindra XUV300 in petrol and diesel engine options. This SUV has an ex-showroom starting price of Rs. 7.90 lac for the Petrol W4 variant and Rs. 8.49 lac for the Diesel W4 variant.
The XUV300 comes in 3 variants W4, W6 and W8, and one optional pack on the W8 variant. It is available in 6 monotone colours & 2 dual tone colours: Red Rage, Aqua Marine, Sunburst Orange, Pearl White, Napoli Black, D-Sat Silver, Dual Tone White roof on Red Rage and Aqua Marine (only on W8 optional pack).
The XUV300 has cheetah-inspired design and boasts of best-in-segment safety features, first-in-segment hi-tech features and class-defining interiors.
1. 1.5L Turbo Diesel engine with electronic variable geometry charger: 85.8KW (115 BHP) power & 300 NM torque
2. 1.2L Turbo Petrol engine: 81KW (110 BHP) power & 200 NM torque
3. 6-speed transmission
4. First-in-segment Smart Steering System: 3 steering modes allow you to customise the steering effort to suit your driving requirements.
1. First-in-segment 7 airbags including a knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
2. First-in-segment disc brakes on all 4 wheels (Among Sub 4 meter Compact SUVs)
3. First-in-segment front parking sensors
4. First-in-segment heated ORVMs
5. Electronic stability program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control. Hill Start Assist.
6. ABS & EBD standard across all variants
7. Front & rear fog lamps
8. ISOFIX child seat mounts
9. Tyre-tronics (tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
10. Seat belt reminder for all seats
11. 3-point seat belt on all seats
The XUV300 allows you to adjust the air temperature to create separate, customised environments for the driver and front passenger.
1. First-in-segment Dual-Zone Fully Automatic Temperature Control
2. 17.78 cm (7”) Touchscreen Infotainment system with GPS navigation, Apple Car Play & Android Auto, ECOSENSE Technology with social media connectivity, Micro Hybrid system
3. Push Button Start/Stop
4. Rear Parking Camera with dynamic assist & 3 park assist modes
5. Steering-Mounted Phone & Audio Controls
6. Blue Sense APP with smart watch connectivity
7. Cruise control
8. Auto-dimming IRVM
9. Multi-colour configurable instrument cluster
10. Tyre position display
It has aggressive front grille, chiselled body and imposing stance. Comes with projector headlamps and striking LED Daytime Running Lamps.
1. Stylish dual-tone colours (only on W8 optional pack)
2. Floating roof design
3. Striking led DRLs
4. Aggressive front grille
5. Unique LED taillamps
6. Sporty 43.18 cm diamond cut alloys
7. Classy dual-tone roof rails
8. Sturdy side cladding
This SUV has spacious cabin, with Best-in-Segment width of 1,821mm, Longest-in-Segment wheelbase of 2,600mm and a flat floor can comfortably seat 3 passengers in the 2nd row.
1. Electric sunroof with anti-pinch function
2. Premium grey leatherette upholstery
3. Leather-wrapped steering & gear knob
4. Dual-tone black & beige dashboard
5. Height-adjustable driver seat
6. 60:40 2nd row split seat
7. Flat floor in 2nd row
8. Adjustable boot floor
9. Height-adjustable front seat belts
10. Storage spaces: multi-purpose central console storage, illuminated glove box, bottle holders on all doors, cupholders in rear centre armrest
Commenting on the launch, Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group, said. “The XUV brand when launched in 2011 was an inflection moment in our automotive journey. Today, as we launch the XUV300, we take the aspirational levels higher. Based on the X100 platform of SsangYong, the XUV300 is a true blue global product which combines Korean technology with Indian innovation and finesse. The XUV300 would appeal to all, specially today’s millennial, who would cherish the vehicle’s fun-to-drive nature.”