MapmyIndia has launched India’s first Freemium Glocal navigation app – NaviMaps. Currently, the ‘Freemium’ maps & navigation application is available for Android devices and the iOS and Windows versions will be launched soon.
This app features, for the first time in India, house-level navigation, regional language voice guidance. The package includes automatic traffic based re-routing and real time journey updates on Facebook.
The MapmyIndia NaviMaps allows users to share location and routes via Facebook with the feature of real-time journey progress sharing on Facebook to update friends on road-trips. With this feature your journey progress will be updated on the Facebook timeline. The post will be refreshed periodically.
Freemium app, as the name itself suggests, means a part of the app is free and for enhanced features there is the option for an ‘in-app’ purchase. The users can initially, during the free trial period of 3 days, enjoy the full featured app loaded with enhanced Pro-Guidance features like Voice Guidance, House level data, and India’s most accurate offline navigation at no cost. You are required to pay only for the premium features. It is already very successful business model in the west. Users get the benefits of premium product without having to bear the cost of subsidizing (to make it free) by other means.
Navi Maps version 9.0 provides unparalleled coverage spanning over 2.1 million kilometers road network with advanced information like multiple names, road classification one-ways, turn restrictions, divider, service lanes, roundabouts, flyovers, tolls, slip roads, ramps and much more. The users get India’s most comprehensive, exhaustive, detailed and updated map data with – 10.63 million unique destinations (Points of Interests) and 600,000 villages. These maps offer enhanced map coverage including 7068 cities at street level and the last mile has been connected for 80 cities (house-level data). To top it all map version 9.0 is offering 3D landmarks and 2D building foot prints for 86 cities across India. It also includes best-in-class advanced and localized navigation and driver assistance features such as extended lane guidance, junction views, sign-posts, live traffic, city guides and rich points of interest, regional voice guidance and regional maps.
There is no internet connection once the application is downloaded on the phone. The maps are active even on offline mode.
MapmyIndia NaviMaps Features and prices of full-features :
Free Maps App for lifetime Includes:
· Three (3) alternate routes to your destination and one pedestrian route
· Location, route sharing via Facebook, messages, email, Live Traffic with detailed MapmyIndia maps for whole of India with latest coverage.
· Single line predictive destination search and Multi-stop Routing with Full multi-touch map display support
· Two-?nger swipe down on any page or menu to return to map view and Straightforward menus and fast work?ow
· Three days free trial for full version pro-guidance app
In-App purchase to full-featured pro-guidance for lifetime for INR 599 includes:
· Maps for other countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-Lanka
· Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages apart from English
· Auto re-route if you deviate from suggested route
· House Number Data , POI along the route, 3D buildings
In-app purchase of Map Updates for INR 299