Everyone knows the importance of backup especially if you need your data to be safe and to use it over and over again. But we sometimes ignore this fact because backing up data takes time (backing up all your files to disks) leading to a situation of a complete blackout during a loss. So here is a great tool that will make the whole process easy and totally systematic.
Mozy is a online backup service that makes the process of backing up hassle free and automated. With a free account itself you can store data up to 2 GB (good for a start) and if your needs are bigger then you can go in for the unlimited account ($4.95 pm) or for the Pro account.
How It Works
1. Sign up for an account.
2. Download and install software.
3. Select files to be backed up.
- Open/locked file support: Mozy will back up your documents whether they’re open or closed.
- 128-bit SSL encryption: The same technology used by banks secures your data during the backup process.
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption: Secures your files while in storage, providing peace of mind that your private data is safe from hackers.
- Automatic: Schedule the times to back up and MozyHome does the rest.
- New and changed file detection: MozyHome finds and saves the smallest changes.
- Backs up Outlook files: Disaster-proof email protection.
- Block-level incremental backup: After the initial backup, MozyHome only backs up files that have been added or changed, making subsequent backups lightning fast.
- First time backup is quite slow.
- No file sharing.
- MozyPro required to backup business files.
As a blogger i know the importance of backup since ignoring this leaves you in a loose-loose situation. I think the software deserves a try (you get 2 GB free) with the huge feature list.