According to Facebook 2015 Year in Review, Narendra Modi, PM of India was the most talked about topics in Indian category followed by topics of E-commerce boom, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Baahubali: The Beginning, Nepal Earthquakes, Salman Khan, Cricket World Cup and Indian Premier League, Bihar Elections, Deepika Padukone and Indian Army.
In place category of India, India Gate in Delhi dominated the list followed by Taj Mahal, Marine Drive, Mumbai, Nandi Hills, Gateway of India, Har ki Pauri, Haridwar, Qutub Minar, Mussoorie – The Queen of Hills, Ramoji Film City and Golden Temple Amritsar.
Following is the list from politics to sporting events to some of the toughest issues facing the world today, which the world was talking about in 2015 on Facebook:
- The US presidential election was the most talked-about topic globally, with nearly a year to go to Election Day. The November 13 attacks in Paris, the Syrian civil war and refugee crisis, the Nepal earthquakes and the Greek debt crisis followed.
- Ed Sheeran topped the list of most talked-about entertainers, followed by Taylor Swift at #2, Kanye West at #3, Nicky Jam at #4, and Wiz Khalifa rounding out the top 5.
- Game of Thrones ruled the small screen as the most talked-about TV show, while Star Wars: The Force Awakens led the list of most talked-about movies.
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Manny Pacquiao were the most talked-about athletes of the year following their highly watched fight in May.
- Clash of Kings, a new RTS RPG multiplayer war game developed by ELEX, was Facebook’s Game of the Year, as it achieved chart-topping success on both web and mobile with more than 70 million players worldwide.