I know this post is being published along after Apple iPad has been launched. But, there are still some people who aren’t aware of this product yet. So, for all those, read this post and update yourself!
After a long wait, at an Apple event, the Apple Tablet was officially renamed to iPad. The Apple has finally launched this personal computing system for next generation in a spectacular manner. The wait for it nearly extended up to many years but now after 10 years, the iPad is all set to roar the market. Apple has introduced several new features in iPad along with other enhancements which are normally a miss in usual netbooks or notebooks available in the market.
Some of the various features revealed at Apple event from iPad are listed below:
- Width 0.5 inches, 1.5 pounds weight with 9.7 inches IPS display,
- Custom silicon chip manufactured by Apple known as A4 and 1 Ghz processor,
- Available with 16, 32 or 64 GB flash storage,
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR (3G in future models),
- Wi-fi, 802.11n,
- Battery life of up to 10 hours and standby upto 30 days,
- Comes with built-in speaker, microphone and a 30 pin dock connector and compass,
- Fully capacitive multi-touch with Accelerometer and compass,
- User Interface of the iPad is completely changed from iPhone and OSX,
- Pane horizontal view for emails,
- Facility to flick through images with the help of photo scrubber bar placed at the bottom,
- Comes with a variety of applications such as Google Maps, Youtube, Built-in iTunes store, calendar and address book,
- Facility of an On screen keyboard,
- Can run on any Third Party Application without the need of any modifications,
- e-Book reader for iPad also known as iBook, etc
The features mentioned above are only the the one’s that i consider are worth mentioning. Ipad provides many other functions too. And in case you have already bought an ipad for yourself, then you must make sure that you use the iPad case, and not your iPhone 4G case, for your iPad in order to safeguard it from physical damages.