Nokia India has launched today its latest flagship Windows 8 smartphone – Nokia Lumia 1020 which has key feature of 41 megapixel sensor and optical image stabilization. Nokia Lumia 1020 will be available in India from 11th October. Nokia has not disclosed the price of this smartphone at the launch event, but informed that the price will be revealed on 10th October. However, Nokia India hinted that it is being retailed in other markets for approx. US $ 800 and we presume that it will be in the range of Rs. 45,000 to 50,000. The Lumia 1020 will be available in yellow, white and black colors.
However, Nokia India has revealed the prices of the accessories designed for the Lumia 1020. The Nokia Camera Grip will be available for Rs 7,500 , the wireless charging shell will be available for Rs 3,200, and the charging plate will cost Rs. 4000.
Nokia is main thrust to push the Lumia 1020 is its 41 megapixes sensor, which is its main USP. Unlike any smartphone in the market today the Nokia Lumia 1020 reinvents zoom, enabling people to discover more detail than the eye can see. With Nokia’s innovative PureView technology, including optical image stabilization, the device is able to produce some of the sharpest images possible by any digital camera.
With Nokia Pro Camera application, it is easy for anyone to take professional quality images, and edit and share photos and videos with unrivaled clarity.
Using a new feature called dual capture, the Nokia Lumia 1020 simultaneously takes a high resolution 38 megapixel image for endless editing opportunities, and creates a 5 megapixel picture that is easy to share to social networks with Windows Phone 8.
The Nokia Lumia 1020’s 41 megapixel sensor features leading ZEISS optics with six physical lenses, plus optical image stabilization, delivering crystal clear pictures even in low light conditions.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 4.5-inch AMOLED WXGA (1280×768) display. It also includes a 2.5 D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This smartphone is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor and 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory.
The phone runs on Microsoft’s Windows phone 8. It also has a HD 1.2 megapixel wide angle front camera, and is packed with a 2000 mAh battery. It does not include built-in wireless charging, but it suppports wireless charging via an attachable cover.
To make the offer of Lumia 1020 attractive for Indian customers, Nokia is throwing in an App Voucher worth INR 1000. Moreover, Vodafone users of Lumia 1020 will be offered 2GB of 3G data usuage per month for 2 months, at no extra cost. Nokia will also offer, in association with New India Assurance Company Limited, a year-long complimentary insurance cover for Lumia 1020.
Commenting on the launch, P. Balaji, Managing Director, Nokia India said, “The response to the Nokia Lumia range in India has been extremely encouraging.” Nokia, which considers India as its 3rd largest market, has been quite successful in this market with its entry level and mid-range Lumia smartphones, but has faced difficulty in pushing its flagship devices against stiff competition from Android devices. How the new Lumia 1020 will fare, will depend upon its price. If Nokia decides to price it around Rs. 45,00 0, then we are afraid, the desired results can’t be achieved.
Key Specifications ;
- Windows 8 OS
- Here Location and Mapping Service: Free global HERE Maps and HERE Drive+, free HERE transit available in the store
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB internal user memory, 7GB Skydrive cloud storage
- Display: 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA (1280 × 768) 2.5D sculpted glass Gorilla Glass 3, PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability, Super sensitive touch for nail and glove usage
- Processor: 1.5 Ghz dual-core Snapdragon
- Camera: PureView 41 MP sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Backside-illuminated image sensor, 6 lens optics, High resolution zoom 3x, Autofocus, Xenon Flash, LED for video, 1080p video at 30 fps, Includes Nokia Pro Camera mode and Nokia Smart Camera Mode.
- Secondary Camera: HD 1.2 Megapixel wide angle
- Size: 130.4 × 71.4 × 10.4 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, BT 3.0, NFC with SIM based security
- Battery: 2000 mAh battery, Wireless Charging supported via accessory cover