Samsung has announced a new tablet known as Galaxy Tab 3. It has a 7-inch WSVGA TFT display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels at 169 ppi, and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The tablet will be available in two variants, Wi-Fi only and a Wi-Fi + 3G variant with voice calling, and will be rolled out in May and June, respectively.
The Galaxy Tab 3 is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, though the company has not specified which chipset it has used. The tablet will be available in 8GB/ 16GB storage options, expandable by another 64GB via microSD card, and is equipped with 1GB RAM, and is packed with a 4000 mAh battery. Connectivity options in the device include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and microUSB 2.0. This device comes with a 3MP rear camera, while a 1.3MP unit is used in the front.
Samsung has not revealed the prices yet and it is expected to be priced around Galaxy Tab 2, which are available in India in the range of Rs. 12K to 16K. The Galaxy Tab 3 will give tough challenge to Asus FonePad, which has been launched few days ago in India, and is available for Rs. 15,999.
Salient Features :
- Display: 7-inch TFT screen with 1024x600p resolution, 169ppi pixel density;
- Operating system: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean);
- Processor and RAM: 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM;
- Connectivity: 2G/3G (optional), WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, microUSB 2.0;
- Storage: 8/16GB internal storage, microSD slot (up to 64GB);
- Camera: 3MP primary camera, 1.3MP secondary unit; andBattery: 4,000mAh
- Dimesnsions : 111.1 x 188.0 x 9.9mm, 302g(Wi-Fi), 306g (3G)