There are times when your Nokia mobile phone (or Samsung, Sony Ericsson, any other device) doesn’t refresh images album and/or music album Or doesn’t show all the image/video files in the album. And whenever such a problem occurs, the first thing you do is Restart your mobile phone and if that doesn’t work then Format the phone entirely. Right?
Well, i too did the same and each time my problem was solved after formatting my Nokia device until recently i found a workaround to get rid of this problem without taking the painfully time-taking method of formatting my Nokia mobile phone altogether. But before, you follow my method, i want you to first try the following remedies:
- Switch off your mobile phone, take out the battery and memory card for a minute. And then switch it on (after putting everything back).
- Delete big image files (after taking a backup) i.e greater than 2 MB.
- Make sure you can view the hidden files on your computer.
- Connect your mobile phone with your computer in “Mass Media” mode.
- Visit the folder where you keep your images (Usually “Images” folder in Nokia).
- In this folder you will see a folder with the name “_PAlbTN” (“_PAlbTN” keep all the thumbnails of the images that you view on your Nokia mobile phone).
- Delete the “_PAlbTN” folder (Yes, the entire folder).
- After deleting the folder, safely eject the phone and Restart it.
That’s it! Now, open the images (the first time, it’ll take some time) and/or video files. All the images should not be displayed properly.
NOTE: I have tested this method on my Nokia 5230, Nokia 5800 and N97 mini. I have been able to solve the problem almost every-time without any hassle. I therefore believe, it will work for almost every Nokia phone (Be it s60v5, s60v3 or other old symbian running models).