The world’s leading music streaming service, Spotify is now available in India. Spotify app available for download for free, or can be upgraded to Spotify Premium for only INR 119 per month. The Spotify app is now available on mobile, desktop and tablet and can be played on a wide range of speaker and home devices.
Features of Spotify:
- More than 40 million (4 crore) songs and 3 billion playlists (300 crore) of Indian and international music
- Playlists based on your preferences is updated daily. The more you listen, the better Spotify’s recommendations get. On the home page, choose playlists based on your moods and moments.
- Stay up to date with all that’s hot with a personalised Home Page. Your personal DJ featuring the latest releases and all your favourite music, updated daily.
- You can play Spotify in your car, on TVs, voice and wifi speakers, plus explore integrations with Google Maps, Tinder and Instagram, amongst others. Spotify is available on over 500 products across 200 hardware brands globally.
Spotify has redesigned the music experience for India with a fresh set of exclusive features such as:
- Multi-language music recommendations: With many Indians speaking several local languages, Spotify’s music recommendation engine can now be tuned to Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu. Indian users can select their preferred language(s) to receive tailored Daily Mix, Home, Radio, Search results and recommendations.
- Spotify Free with total control: For the first time ever on Spotify Free, smartphone users can play every song on demand.
- Playlists made for India: Expertly curated and regularly updated by Spotify team of Indian music experts, new playlists include Indiestan, Rap91, Namaste Love, Punjabi 101, Bollywood Butter, Top Hits in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Punjabi. These sit alongside celebrated international playlists.
- Spotify goes to the movies: Introducing Starring…, a series of playlists featuring the best music from the most popular Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood, and Punjabi actors. Spotify’s recommendations will also include songs from India’s favourite movies and actors.
- City playlists: Find out what’s hot in the city, with new algorithmic playlists tracking what’s trending in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.