Tata Motors today launched its Tata TIGOR sedan which is also based on the IMPACT Design philosophy. The TIGOR comes in both petrol and diesel variants – Revotron 1.2L (petrol engine) and Revotorq 1.05L (diesel engine) with multi-drive modes – Eco and City. The Revotron 1.2L 3-cylinder petrol engine delivers an optimum power of 85ps and a maximum torque of 114Nm whereas the Revotorq 1.05L diesel engine delivers optimum power of 70ps and a maximum torque of 140Nm.
This sedan has starting price of INR 4.7 Lakhs ex-showroom, Delhi & INR 4.95 Lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai, for the Revotron 1.2L (petrol) variant and INR 5.6 Lakhs, for the Revotorq 1.05L (diesel) variant, ex-showroom Delhi & INR 5.91 Lakhs, ex-showroom Mumbai. It will be available across the county in 8 variants (with 2 optional variants) XE 1.2 P, XT 1.2 P, XZ 1.2 P, XZ (O) 1.2 P, XE 1.05 D, XT 1.05 D, X Z 1.05 D and XZ (O) 1.05 D. It comes in six colour options – Copper Dazzle , Espresso Brown , Pearlescent White , Platinum Silver , Striker Blue and Berry Red. TIGOR comes with a standard warranty of 2 years or 75,000km, whichever is earlier, with an option to further extend it.
The TIGOR flaunts a dual-coloured bumper with the Tata Signature Grille, which is accentuated with a striking chrome humanity line at the front, extending into the crystal-like, smoked projector headlamps to create the face of the car. The dynamic character lines integrate seamlessly with the signature split LED tail lamps and a stylishly integrated high mounted LED stop lamp, highlight the length of the car.
The TIGOR has Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) for a light steering feel and for easy maneuvering. The TIGOR features dual path suspension in front and on the rear for the perfect balance between a comfortable ride and superior handling.
For safety, the TIGOR has dual front airbags for maximum safety in case of a collision, an energy absorbing body structure, an advance Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Corner Stability Control (CSC) for improved braking efficiency.
The TIGOR has HARNAM designed audio and infotainment system and is certified by the globally renowned Golden Ears. The infotainment system comes with a 5 inch touchscreen enabled with video playback, voice command recognition, SMS readout and display for the rear parking assist camera. With 8 high fidelity speakers designed to deliver a true and natural sound, the TIGOR also has easily accessible steering mounted controls that make driving easy and convenient.
The TIGOR also comes equipped with a comprehensive app suite with dedicated apps for Navigation – NaviMaps sharing music on-the-go, Juke Car App as well as a smart Bluetooth based remote – Tata Smart Remote. The Tata Emergency Assist app adds to the safety by sharing the co-ordinates of the vehicle and informing the emergency contacts saved in the system in case of a collision.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, “India’s first ‘Styleback’, the Tata TIGOR is designed to usher in a new era of style to the segment. High on the bravura quotient, the TIGOR is a result of the company’s relentless focus on design and technology. We are confident that this complete package will break the clutter and redefine the highly competitive segment.”
Key Features of Tata TIGOR:
• Signature split LED tail lamp ,trendy crystal-like, smoked projector headlamps & stylishly integrated high mounted LED stop lamp
• Inviting cockpit with a layered design theme and fine textures
• Exquisite dual-tone interiors with premium finish. Luxurious patterned seats with bolsters
• Exclusive Connectnext Touchscreen Infotainment system by Harman – 8 powerful speakers ,intuitive app-suite & voice command recognition for the automatic climate control, phone and media controls
• Complete safety with dual airbags, ABS & EBD with CSC (Corner stability control) & reverse park assist with camera
• Next-gen 1.2L Revotron Petrol and 1.05L Revotorq Diesel engines with multi drive modes
• Dual path front & rear suspension for the perfect balance between a comfortable ride & superior handling
• Efficiently designed boot with wide & clear opening using innovative 4 bar mechanism and 419L of space
• Unmatched comfort with fully automated climate control, superior legroom & 24 intelligent utility spaces.
Price Details of all variants ex-showroom- Delhi
XE – Rs 4.7 lakh
XT – Rs 5.41 lakh
XZ – Rs 5.9 lakh
XZ (O) – Rs 6.19 lakh
XE – Rs 5.6 lakh
XT – Rs 6.31 lakh
XZ – Rs 6.8 lakh
XZ (O) – Rs 7.09 lakh