Microsoft’s latest OS i.e Windows 7 has already got huge acclamation worldwide because of its smooth, light-weight interface and its ability to run even on the most sluggish processors. So Microsoft has recently unveiled a new facility that will help those users who are currently using the previous versions of windows to take a test drive from their Internet Explorer.
The Microsoft servers will allow the users to experience Windows 7 running live in an safe virtual test-drive environment accompanied with supporting step-by-step walkthrough videos of it’s features.
- Only Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 are supported.
- Internet explorer 6 or later
- Screen Resolution of 1024 X 768
- Cookies Enabled
- The Microsoft “Remote Desktop / Terminal Services” ActiveX control is required by this site. If you do not have it installed/enabled, you will be asked to when launching the Virtual Lab.
- You should have your port 443 open from your firewall settings.
You can take the test drive from the link below
P.S :- I think people who are still in a confusion to whether upgrade to the new operating system or not can definitely get rid of the confused situation by using this virtual environment mode. I think with this new initiative Microsoft is making sure that people still resisting the new OS get a trial. Hope this works for them.