Airtel has today announced that its carrier agnostic music application – Wynk Music has crossed a feat of 5 million downloads in just 6 months of launch. This app is claimed by the company to be the most popular destinations for music lovers in the country and has received the unique distinction of being featured by Google in the ‘Favourite Apps’ section on Google Play Store.
According to Airtel, Wynk offers a completely ad-free music experience on your smartphone with full track audio streaming, unlimited cache downloads, mp3 purchase and caller ring back tone features. The latest app version also features support for Google Chromecast – a new and easy way to cast your favorite entertainment from your phone or tablet straight to the TV. Wynk users can now enjoy browsing through the app and playing music from their TV screens.
Wynk has an HD catalogue of over 1.8 million Indian and International songs and this is growing every day, adds the statement released by Airtel. The release furthe state that Wynk users can enjoy exclusive music previews from time to time under the Sony Music label. The film Ungli by Dharma Productions starring Emraan Hashmi and Kangana Ranaut was available first and exclusively on Wynk. Additionally, the label also made available popular EDM DJ David Guetta’s brand new album ‘Listen’. It has also witnessed some interesting usage trends:
• Honey Singh is the top-searched artist followed by Akon and Lata Mangeshkar
• The recent Bollywood movie Roy is the most streamed album till date
• Expert curated playlists are more popular than the albums with about 33% more clicks
• ‘Romantic’ mood is the most popular amongst all the mood based playlists
• Mumbai topped charts as the city with the maximum users followed by Delhi and Karnataka