XOLO is on launching spree of smartphones and has added one more smartphone to its portfolio – XOLO Q500 priced at Rs. 7,999. The XOLO Q500 comes with a 4-inch WVGA display with OGS (One Glass Solution) technology, and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with 1.2 GHz quad CPUs, coupled with 1 GB RAM and 4 GB internal memory, which can be expanded to 32GB RAM via Micro SD card.This phone is equipped with a 5 MP AF rear camera with LED flash and VGA front camera, and runs on Android OS Jelly Bean v4.1.
This smartphone has been designed specifically for India, and the key feature of this is its X-TransPic mobile application, which is a language translation tool that helps users translate Hindi words by just pointing the app camera at any sign board, advertisement or poster. This functionality works even when the phone is not connected to the internet. It also enable users to read out the detected text by using text to speech functionality. In addition, with the ‘point and grab’ feature, users can conveniently input the detected Hindi text to an internet search or send it in SMS without having the need to type it out.The X-TransPic mobile application will be available on all XOLO’s upcoming Snapdragon devices. This capability will be very useful for those who are not familiar with Hindi language.
Key features of XOLO Q500
· Display – 4 inch OGS WVGA
· Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with 1.2 GHz quad CPU
· X-TransPic app designed specifically for Indian consumers to understand Hindi text by just pointing the smartphone camera at any poster or sign
· Camera – 5 MP AF Rear + VGA Front Camera
· OS – Android OS Jelly Bean v4.1
· RAM – 1 GB
· Internal Memory – 4 GB
· External Memory – MicroSD (up to 32GB)
· Battery – 1450 mAh
· Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor