Acer of Taiwan is on launching spree of its smartphones and have announced yesterday five smartphones namely Liquid E700, Liquid E600, Liquid Z200, Liquid X1, and Liquid Jade. All these smartphones run the latest Android KitKat 4.4 OS and shall be available in the third quarter of this year. Acer has not disclosed their prices and as is the practice, the same will be announced at the time of launch in the respective markets.
We give below brief specifications of four smartphones except Liquid Jade.
Acer Liquid E700 :
- 5-inch IPS display (720×1280 pixels)
- 1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 CPU coupled with Mali 400 GPU
- Triple-SIM support
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory which can be expanded via microSD card. Acer has not mentioned expandable limit
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash; 2-megapixel front-facing camera with flash.
- Connectivity options : 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB, GPS, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 3500mAh battery, which can deliver up to 24 hours of talk time, 60 hours of standby time, 12 hours of video viewing and 100 hours of music listening
- Weight :155 gram
Acer Liquid E600 :
- 5-inch IPS display (480×854 pixel resolution)
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 processsor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage with the option to expand it further with microSD card
- 8-megapixel rear camera; front-facing camera ( details not specified)
- Connectivity options : 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, Micro-USB, GPS and 3.5mm audio jack
- 2500mAh battery
Both the above smartphones come with AcerFLOAT user interface that allows several app windows to stay open so users can multitask without having to back out of one app to work on another. The press of a key brings up the AcerFLOAT apps shortcut and apps on a translucent screen float over the function being used. It is easy to access or switch apps anytime. These apps include camera, maps, and browser.
Liquid Z200 :
According to Acer, the Liquid Z200 smartphone is designed for first-time feature phone users or second phone buyers on a budget, and will be available in a variety of colors such as Titanium Black, Essential White, Fragrant Pink, Sky Blue, and Sunshine Yellow.
- 4-inch display with 480×800 pixel resolution display
- 1GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6572M processor
- Dual-SIM (Optional)
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of internal memory which is further expandable via microSD card
- 2-megapixel fixed-focus camera and comes with features such as auto smile-shot, continuous shot, and panorama shot
- Weight : 130 grams
- 1300mAh battery
- Connectivity : 3G HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, Micro-USB, 3.5mm audio jack, GPS
Liquid X1 :
The Acer Liquid X1, a 5.7-inch smartphone comes with Octa-core processing power, LTE connectivity, impressive imaging capabilities and intuitive control features, and also has an elegant, lightweight form factor.
- 5.7-inch IPS display ( 720×1280 pixel resolution)
- 1.7 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor
- Single SIM support
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of built-in storage expandable to 32GB via microSD card
- 13-megapixel camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.3 autofocus, and 1080p HD video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Connectivity options : 4G LTE -up to 150Mbps downloads, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, and A-GPS
- 2700mAh battery
- Weight : 160 grams
This smartphone comes with useful features such as Acer Zoom Fit for single hand operation; AcerRAPID which allows users to quickly launch the camera, pick up phone calls or their favorite apps with the touch of a finger and AcerFLOAT user interface for multitasking.