Airtel has today launched its voice over Wi-Fi service –Airtel Wi-Fi Calling. This service is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots. The service is currently available to Airtel customers in Delhi NCR and will be gradually rolled out across India.
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling is designed to enhance voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers, especially when they are indoors. With this service, customers with Wi-Fi at home or office will get excellent signal quality indoors as claimed by the company. There will be no extra charge for calls made over Airtel Wi-Fi Calling and the application consumes minimal data.
‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ does not require any app and can be configured on the smartphone by following the steps mentioned below:
- Check smartphone compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Currently, the following smartphones support ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’
- Apple: All iPhone series starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, M30s
- OnePlus: All models of OnePlus 7 Series
Airtel is working with all leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’.