ASUS has announced that the latest update for Android Wear OS is now available for ASUS ZenWatch 2 (WI501Q & WI502Q). With this latest update, the users will get following additional features :
With support for the built-in speaker in ZenWatch 2 (WI501Q), you can now make phone calls when connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth, set audible alarms, and hear app notification alerts and sound effects.
You can now scroll through cards, open apps, return to the watch face, and more with simple, and intuitive wrist gestures.
Screen dimming gesture
You can now instantly turn into ambient mode for extra privacy and reduce battery drain by an intuitive gesture. To activate, simply lower your wrist to remove from the usual viewing orientation after interacting with your ZenWatch 2.
You can play video and audio messages with apps like Glide or other apps that support these functions.
According to ASUS, When an update to your Android Wear software is available, you’ll get an automatic notification on your watch when your watch is connected to the charger, is within Bluetooth range of your phone, and your phone is on and connected to the Internet.
If you didn’t get a notification that a software update is available but want to check to see if one is available, do the following:
1. Pair ASUS ZenWatch 2 with a phone running Android 4.3 or iOS 8.2 or higher
2. On ASUS ZenWatch 2, swipe left on the watch face
3. Tap Settings > About > System updates
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to perform the update.
5. Keep your watch connected to the charger and paired with your phone until the update is complete.