Hindi cinema’s most iconic film, Sholay thatreleased recently in 3D is all set to entertain Facebook users with the launch of its specially designed stickers that friends can send to each other. The stickers, which will be launched this weekend, jointly by Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Sholay Media Entertainment, will have the popular characters of the film like Jai, Veeru, Thakur, Gabbar, Radha and Basanti. The Sholay stickers include common emotions by characters like love, tears, sleep, action and heart break.
Commenting on the launch of the stickers, Neeraj Roy, MD & CEO, Hungama Digital Media Entertainment Pvt Ltd. said, “Facebook stickers are quite popular among the youth today. It adds an element of fun in your interaction and people connect well with some of the emotions displayed in Sholay. Hence, as part of our digital strategy, we decided to launch the Facebook stickers so that people can incorporate a facet of the film in something as simple as the Facebook chat.”
Sascha Sippy, Chairman of Sholay Media & Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. said, “Till date, Sholay remains the most loved film in Bollywood. People love the characters and the scenes from the film. Now, with the film releasing in 3D, our endeavour is to use platforms like Facebook that will help in recreating the magic of the film all over again. The film is in cinemas now, come and experience its magic!”
One has to follow very simple procedure to send the sticker:
- Open a message or chat with the person you want to send the sticker
- Click the smiley face in the chat window
- Scroll to see the available stickers
- Click on the sticker you want to send automatically to your friend
- Click on the basket in the top right to download more stickers. You can switch between sticker packs by clicking on the sticker pack you want to use.