With less than 14 days before GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the numbers indicate that this will have the biggest and best mobile event ever! Following are some statistics:
- 28 – Conference Keynotes including the Mobile World Live Keynotes featuring William Clay Ford Jr. (Ford Motor Co.), Hans Vestberg (Ericsson), Eric Schmidt (Google) and Bret Taylor (Facebook).
- 1476 – Companies displaying the latest & greatest products & solutions in the world’s largest mobile exhibition.
- 1 – City in the world, Barcelona, has been named as the new Mobile World Capital.
- 352,516 – Social media mentions of MWC during the four days of the 2011 event.
- 5,105 – Total minutes of mobile marketing – focused content in the conference, the GSMA seminars and new mPowered Brands Theaters.
- 0 – The number of people are recommended to use unofficial hotel providers to book their accommodations for MWC!
- 2 – Nights of free networking parties with the Networking by Moonlight events. Featuring food, drinks, DJ music and a spectacular aerial performance, these events will take place Monday and Tuesday at the Magic Fountains of Fira.
- 18,994 – Hotel rooms across Catalonia in which Mobile World Live TV will be televised. In addition, MWL TV will be playing on screens across the Fira venue.
- 7 – App Developer Conferences taking place at App Planet, including the recently announced ADC from developerprogram.com. Other ADC’s include BlackBerry, IBM, IMGA, Nokia, Samsung, and WIP.
Interesting figures indeed!!