Garmin India has today launched The Forerunner 55 smartwatch. Touted to be ideally suitable for runners, Garmin Forerunner 55 Smartwatch features comprehensive running modes, tailored daily training tips and enhanced health monitoring to improve the user’s performance both on and off the track.
The Forerunner 55 is light weighted, comes with a sleek look, and has other features including PacePro and cadence alerts which help the runners to focus on their running and training fundamentals and take it to the next level.
The Forerunner 55’s clear screen displays data like distance traveled and can be customized to show all the data you need at a glance. With the built-in GPS the users can start their run or walk and track their time, distance, speed, pace and heart rate data right from their wrist.
The Forerunner 55 also comes with a range of health features like heart rate monitoring, body battery energy monitoring, menstrual cycle and pregnancy tracking and more. This smartwatch also offers detailed running data, daily suggested workouts, additional built-in sports apps and more to help people reach their fitness goals.
The Forerunner 55 offers runners the following tools:
- PacePro provides guidance to help runners tailor their efforts to a selected course or distance
- The finish time estimator lets athletes select a run distance and view their estimated finish time right from the wrist
- Cadence alerts let runners know when they’ve gone outside their target cadence range, helping to improve their running form
- It features several built-in activity profiles, including track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and more
- Following a workout, the built-in recovery time will let athletes know how long to rest before their next big effort
The Forerunner 55 includes popular connected features to help athletes stay in touch. Directly from the wrist, users can receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more. Built-in assistance and incident detection let users manually or automatically send a message with their real time location to emergency contacts. The Forerunner 55 will also automatically upload activities to Garmin Connect and allow athletes to download custom watch faces, data fields and apps from the Connect IQ Store.
The Forerunner 55 features up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode.
The Forerunner 55 comes in 3 colours of Black, Aqua and Monterra Grey and is available for Rs. 20,990 on Amazon.in, Flipkart, Tata CLiQ, synergizer.co.in and Garmin Brand Stores.