LG has launched today their improved version of G Flex curved smartphone known as LG G Flex 2 (LG) at the LG Tech Show 2015 in New Delhi. Besides LG G Flex 2, LG has also showcased their latest LG G and Urbane smartwatches alongwith 200 other products in different categories. The LG G Flex was unveiled in January in CES in Las Vegas.
The LG G Flex 2 is priced at Rs 55,000, and will be available in India in two colours – Platinum Silver and Flamenco Red. This smartphone will be available in India in the first week of April.
The LG G Flex2 is the first smartphone, which is equipped with the Snapdragon 810 processor, featuring Octa-Core 64-bit capable CPUs optimized for Android 5.0 and the advanced Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU for stunning graphics performance. The Snapdragon 810 also features fully integrated 3x20MHz Carrier Aggregation support for faster, more efficient connectivity.
Compared to the earlier version of G Flex, which had a display of 6 inch, the LG G Flex2 boasts sleeker, more stylish curves and comes with 5.5-inch Full HD display. Taking ino consideration feedback of the cusomers, LG has reduced the display size in its new version as the consumers do not prefer more than 5.5 inch display. The smartphones having more than 5.5 inch have not received very well in the market. The latest instance is Google Nexus 6.
The LG G Flex 2’s ergonomic design brings the microphone closer to the mouth, for better sound pickup compared to conventional smartphones which allow much more outside noise to enter the phone through the microphone. The slimmed down 5.5 inches screen with curvatures makes the perfect fit for eyes and the grip. The display’s 700mm radius curvature delivers a truly immersive viewing experience from any angle, while the steeper 650mm radius curvature of the back is more comfortable to grip and fits easier in the pocket. The display’s resolution has also been bumped up to 1080p Full HD. The P-OLED display, which gives the G Flex2 its unique shape and durability, is even more precise than in the original G Flex.
Moreover, the LG G Flex2’s cover glass is approximately 20 percent more durable, thanks to a special chemical treatment technology developed by LG.
The Self Healing back, which keeps the phone looking new even through the nicks and scratches from normal everyday use, has also been improved with significantly faster healing time. LG claims that it has reduced the healing time from about three minutes to just within ten seconds at room temperature.
The LG G Flex2 is also equipped with 13.0MP rear camera with OIS+ Laser Auto Focus, and also houses a front 2.1MP camera for selfies. The Laser Auto Focus camera was first introduced by LG in the popular LG G3. This technology enables the G Flex2 to capture the best moment even in low light by measuring the distance between the subject and the camera using a laser beam. Combined with LG’s proven OIS+ technology and dual LED flash, the G Flex2 delivers images that rival most standalone point and shoot cameras.
The LG G Flex 2 is packed with 3000mAh battery with fast charge feature. This is the only curved mobile battery in the world to be charged up to 50 percent in under 40 minutes.
The LG G Flex2 comes fully loaded with the best of LG’s other unique software features optimized for its curved form factor:
- Gesture Shot makes it easy to capture the perfect selfie with a simple hand gesture recognizable from up to 1.5 meters away
- Gesture View makes it easy to check your last shot immediately after taking a photo or selfie
- Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32MB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS / Glonass, USB 2.0