September is very eventful month for launches of flagship devices of renowned smartphones makers in India. After Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Sony Xperia Z1, it is now turn of LG to launch its latest premier smartphone LG G2 which has unique design, in India. The LG G2 will debut in India on 30th September and LG India has started sending its pre-alert to media houses to block 30th September to see unveiling of this glamorous smartphone. This phone was globally launched in a colorful event in New York in August.
In this smartphone, all the buttons are placed on the rear of this device, making this the first smartphone to be completely devoid of side buttons. The unique Rear Key concept came from the realization that the larger the phone became, the more difficult it was to properly access the side keys. Moving the main buttons to the back of the phone gave users more control since this place was where individuals’ index fingers are naturally located.
LG G2 smartphone will run Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS, sports a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display having 1080 x 1920 pixels with 423 ppi, and is powered by a 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 featuring quad Krait CPU, alongside 2GB RAM and 16GB/32GB internal storage. LG has employed Graphic RAM (GRAM) technology. GRAM reduces the display’s energy use by up to 26 percent on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10 percent. This smartphone is packed with powerful 3,000 mAh battery.
LG G2 is equipped with 13MP rear shooter with Optical Image Stabilize technology in a slim design without a protruding lens, and 2.1MP front camera. Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) technology prevent blurring, allowing for clearer, brighter and sharper images even when in motion or shooting in dim environments.
To meet the ever increasing demand of superior sound required by the smartphone users to enjoy multimedia content,LG G2 is the first smartphone on the market today to feature 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound, far superior to a CD.
The LG G2 comes with a number of compelling user experience (UX) features :
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link — Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
In order to be successful in highly competitive and price-sensitive Indian market, LG will have to price this new device smartly. We expect this device to be priced around Rs. 42,000. Keping in view of upcoming festival season, LG may throw in some freebies to make the offer more attractive of LG G2.