LG has launched today its latest flagship smartphone – LG G2 at a gala event in Gurgaon. The USP of this designer smartphone is its form factor, which is sleek and buttonless. LG has come out with futuristic design and in the days to come, many smartphones will be forced to adopt this style, because of its ease of use and elegance.
In this smartphone, all the buttons are placed on the rear of this device, making this the first smartphone to be completely devoid of side buttons. The unique Rear Key concept came from the realization that the larger the phone became, the more difficult it was to properly access the side keys. Moving the main buttons to the back of the phone gave users more control since this place was where individuals’ index fingers are naturally located.
LG G2 smartphone will run Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS. This is rather surprising as all the latest flagship Android devices are running on Android Jelly Bean Version 4.3. The G2 sports a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display having 1080 x 1920 pixels with 423 ppi. The IPS display ensures superior graphics, accurate colors and clear images without any distortion. The G2 is powered by a 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 featuring quad Krait CPU, alongside 2GB RAM and 16GB/32GB internal storage.
LG has employed Graphic RAM (GRAM) technology. GRAM reduces the display’s energy use by up to 26 percent on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10 percent. To offer edge to edge display, LG’s innovative Dual Routing technology reduces the phone’s bezel to a mere 2.65mm on the side edge which makes the maximum viewability of the large 5.2inch in compact and slim design. This smartphone is packed with powerful 3,000 mAh battery.
LG G2 is equipped with 13MP rear shooter with Optical Image Stabilize technology without a protruding lens, and 2.1MP front camera. Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) technology prevent blurring, allowing for clearer, brighter and sharper images even when in motion or shooting in dim environments. To add to the steadiness and the beauty of a camera, it is packed in Sapphire crystal glass.
To meet the ever increasing demand of superior sound required by the smartphone users to enjoy multimedia content,LG G2 is the first smartphone on the market today to feature 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio-like quality sound, far superior to a CD.
The LG G2 comes with a number of compelling user experience (UX) features :
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link — Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
The 16 GB version of G2 is priced at Rs. 41,500 and 32GB version is priced at Rs. 44,500. In addition as a small festive gesture from LG, buyers of LG G2 will get a quick window cover free of charge for a limited time.
This designer and sleek smartphone is worth its price and it has great scope in premium market segment and this device will be definitely prove trendsetter for LG.