MediaTek has expanded its Dimensity portfolio with launch of Dimensity 9200+ chipset for flagship 5G smartphones. The Dimensity 9200+ supports higher clock speeds than its predecessor, the Dimensity 9200 chipset. The Dimensity 9200+ combines one ultra-core Arm Cortex-X3 operating at up to 3.35GHz, three Arm Cortex-A715 super-cores running up to 3.0GHz, and four Arm Cortex-A510 efficiency cores at 2.0GHz. To give the Dimensity 9200+ an additional boost for gaming and other compute-intensive applications, MediaTek boosted the chipset’s Arm Immortalis-G715 GPU by 17%.
The Dimensity 9200+ has a 4CC-CA 5G Release-16 modem that fluidly switches between long-reach sub-6GHz and super-fast mmWave connections. The chipset also supports Wi-Fi 7 2×2 + 2×2 with up to 6.5Gbps data rate, along with Bluetooth 5.3. MediaTek’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexistence technology allows Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy (LE) audio, and wireless peripherals to connect at the same time with extremely low latency and without inference.
Key features of the MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ include:
· HyperEngine 6.0: Further improving the gaming experience with adaptive performance technology capable of sustaining high framerates and minimizing latency.
· Second generation TSMC 4nm-class process: Ideal for ultra-slim designs in a variety of form factors.
· Sixth generation AI Processing Unit (APU 690): Efficiently powers AI-noise reduction and AI-super resolution tasks, and creates truly cinematic video through real-time focus and Bokeh adjustments.
· MediaTek Imagiq 890: Powerful flagship image signal processor that supports captivating capture, providing bright, sharp images and videos even in low-light scenarios.
· MediaTek MiraVision 890: Display technology with adaptive refresh rate technology and motion blur reduction for a fluid user experience.
· MediaTek 5G UltraSave 3.0: Power efficiency technologies to optimize battery life for all 5G connection conditions.
Smartphones powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ are expected to be released in May 2023.