Amazon has announced today that its most advanced e-reader—the all-new Kindle Paperwhite—is now available for pre-order at Amazon India starting today, and shipping of the ordered e-readers will commence from February 4, 2014. The new Kindle Paperwhite e-readers were launched in US in September, 2013.
The new top-of-the-line Kindle Paperwhite is priced at Rs 10,999/- and the new Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G is priced at Rs 13999/-. Starting February 04, 2014, the new Kindle Paperwhite will also be available offline across 250 retail outlets across India including Croma, Reliance Digital, E-Zone, UniverCell and Vijay Sales stores located in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Pune.
Some of the salient features of all-new Kindle Paperwhite are :
– New display technology with higher contrast—Kindle Paperwhite’s display has higher contrast and better reflectivity, which means whites are whiter and blacks are blacker, so the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book.
– Next generation built-in light—Guides light toward the surface of the display so you can read comfortably without eyestrain.
– New, 25% faster processor—Books open and pages turn faster for a seamless reading experience.
– New touch technology—19% tighter touch grid makes Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches.
– New Kindle Page Flip—Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end of your book, all without losing your place.
– New Vocabulary Builder—Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. Use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and instantly see words in context.
– New Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary and Wikipedia so you can access definitions, characters, settings and more without leaving your page or losing your place.
– New Kindle Free Time- Encourage children to read even more with FreeTime for Kindle Paperwhite. FreeTime lets you create personalized profiles for kids and give them access to titles from your collection of books.
– Cloud Collections—Organize your books in customized collections for easy reference, and Amazon’s Whispersync technology synchronizes the collections across your Kindle devices and reading apps so they’re available on all of your devices.
– Massive Selection—The India Kindle Store offers over 2 million books priced in Indian Rupees (INR), including 84 of 100 Nielsen India Bookscan Best Sellers and a massive selection of titles including new releases and works from a range of famous Indian authors like Sudeep Nagarkar, Ramachandra Guha, Amish Tripathi, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Rashmi Bansal and Chetan Bhagat.
– Kindle exclusives—over 450,000 titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store, including the eBook of ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen Covey.
– Lowest book prices— Indian customers will also enjoy over 250,000 books priced ?99 or less and over 1 million priced ?299 or less.
– Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all of your devices, so you can always pick up where you left off.
– Facebook and Twitter—Share book recommendations, highlighted sections and meaningful quotes with friends.
– Parental Controls—Parental Controls allow parents to restrict access to the Kindle Store, Cloud Archive and the Experimental Web Browser so they can give their Kindle to a child worry-free.
The new Kindle Paperwhite weighs just 206 grams so you can read comfortably with one hand, and as per Amazon, it has a battery that lasts for 8 weeks, depending upon the usage of the readers.