Brand Nothing today launched its second-generation flagship smartphone, Nothing Phone (2). It features a revamped Nothing OS 2.0 and is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform.
Nothing has enhanced its signature Glyph Interface on Phone (2) by increasing the number of LED segments to allow for greater customizability and functionality. The Glyph Interface can now serve as a visual countdown and progress tracker for ride or delivery services. It also offers additional functionalities such as a volume checker, and timer. With Essential Glyph Notifications, users can stay focused without missing what matters the most. When receiving a notification from selected contacts or apps, the top-right LED segment will remain on until it has been addressed. Through the new Glyph Composer, users can personalize their experience further by creating their own unique Glyph Ringtones.
This phone runs on Android 13 with Nothing OS 2.0. Nothing has optimized its software, making app opening speed on Phone (2) up to twice as fast as that of Phone (1), while refining over 500 transitions and animations.
Nothing Phone (2) sports a 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) edge-to-edge 6.7-inch LTPO OLED display with adaptive refresh rate from 120hz to 1z, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+ support and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. This phone is powered by Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU which is combined with 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage,/12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage. This phone is packed with 4700mAh battery with support for 45W PPS, 15W Qi wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.
For imaging, this phone is armed with dual rear camera set-up comprising of 50MP primary camera with f/1.88 aperture, Sony IMX890 sensor with feature of OIS supported by 50MP 114° ultra-wide camera. For selfies, this phone has 32MP front camera with Sony IMX615 sensor. The Phone (2) rear camera has video recording capabilities of 4K resolution at 60fps. It also has Action Mode for filming while on the move. With built-in EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) and OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), users can expect flawlessly smooth results. Additionally, the front camera enables self-recording in immersive 1080P at 60fps.
For security, this phone has In-display optical fingerprint scanner and for safety, it is Splash resistant with IP54 certification. This phone offers connectivity options of 5G SA/NSA – 9 bands, Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC and Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO.
The Phone (2) has a gently curved pillowed glass back and new thinner midframe made of 100% recycled aluminium.
Availability, Pricing and Launch offers:
- Phone (2) will be available in white and dark gray colors. The 8GB/128GB in Dark Gray is priced at INR 44,999, 12GB/256GB at INR 49,999 and 12GB/512GB at INR 54999 in both colors
- Phone (2) Pre-order pass buyers in India will be able to choose their preferred variant and place their order from 11th July, 9 PM IST till 20th July, 11.59 PM IST via Flipkart. Pre-order pass buyers will also be able to buy the all new Ear (2) Black before anyone else for INR 8,999 starting 11th July, 9 PM IST.
- Special Offers: Limited period offer for Pre-order pass buyers include: Instant discount of Rs. 3000 on Axis and HDFC debit and credit card, Phone (2) Case at INR 499, Screen Protector at INR 399, Power (45W) Adaptor at INR 1,499, Ear (stick) at INR 4,250 and Ear (2) at INR 8,999.
- Accessories: Official Phone (2) Accessories include Phone (2) Case at INR 1,299, Screen Protector at INR 999, Power (45W) Adaptor at INR 2,499.
- Phone (2) will go on open sale in India on Friday, 21 July 12 PM onwards via Flipkart and select retail outlets.