OPPO has launched today its latest RenoS Series comprising of two smartphones—the OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G and OPPO Reno8 5G in India.
The OPPO Reno8 Pro sports a 6.7-inch AMOLED display (1080 x 2400 pixels) with 120Hz refresh rate and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max (5 nm) octa-core processor which is paired with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. This phone also incorporates OPPO’s Ultra-Conductive Graphite Cooling System which improves cooling by 45% over traditional graphite for enhanced performance as stated by the brand.
For imaging, this phone is armed with 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture which is supported by an 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera is backed by OPPO’s proprietary imaging NPU, the MariSilicon X. The self-developed NPU packs 3.5 billion transistors and is capable of 18 trillion operations per second which results in crisp and clear 4K Ultra Night Video even in the most challenging scenarios as claimed by Oppo. For selfies, this phone has 32MP front camera with Sony IMX709 sensor and f/2.4 aperture.
The OPPO Reno8 has smaller display of 6.4-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels) AMOLED with 90Hz refresh rate and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. This phone is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 1300 (6 nm) octa-core processoralong with OPPO’s Super-Conductive VC Liquid Cooling System and is paired with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB storage. For iamging, this phone also boasts of 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture aided by 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture. It also has 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture.
Both the phones offer various connectivity options of Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, GPS, NFC, 5G SA/NSA (12 bands) and Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz). Both the phone runs on Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 on top and have In-display fingerprint sensor. Both the phones are packed with 4500mAh battery with 80W SuperVOOC fast charging.
On the design front, Reno8 Pro, features a streamlined unibody design with a Gorilla Glass 5 back and an aluminium frame for added durability. It will be available in Glazed Green and Glazed Black. Like the Reno8 Pro 5G, the Reno8 5G also sports a streamlined unibody design and will be available in two colours: Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black.
Pricing and Availability
The Reno8 Pro 5G will be available starting 19 July 2022 at INR 45,999. The Reno8 5G will be available from 25 July at INR 29,999. These phones will be available across Flipkart, OPPO Store and Mainline Retail Outlets.
Customers can avail the following offers on the Reno8 Pro (12+256GB)
- 10% cash back (up to INR 4,000) on ICICI Bank, SBI Cards, Kotak Bank, Bank of Baroda credit cards and debit cards
- Cashback of INR 1,500 can also be availed on non-EMI transactions through ICICI Bank, SBI cards, Kotak Bank
- No Cost EMI up to 6 months on leading bank cards
- EMI starting from INR 3,066 approximately on a 15-month EMI scheme from leading financiers
- Low down payment starting from INR 5,750 is also available from selective financiers
- Damage protection of 180 days which protects phone from accidental damage, water damage or any other type of damage applicable from 18 July 2022 to 21 July 2022
- The OPPO upgrade offer of INR 3,000 is applicable on Reno8 Pro for loyal users from 18 July 2022 to 21 July 2022.
- All users who purchase the OPPO Reno8 Series will get exclusive service benefits worth INR 2,499 under the OPPO Premium Service Offer which has an Easy EMI option at the time of repair. Users can also avail free pick up and drop of device, 24/7 hotline support, along with a free screen guard and back cover.
Customers can avail of the following offers on the Reno8 (8+128GB)
- 10% cashback (up to INR 3,000) on ICICI Bank, SBI Cards, Kotak Bank, Bank of Baroda credit cards and debit cards
- Cashback of INR 1,200 is also available for non-EMI transactions through ICICI Bank, SBI cards, Kotak Bank
- No cost EMI up to 6 months on leading bank cards.
- EMI starting from INR 2,500 approximately on 12-month EMI schemes from leading financers
- Low down payment starting from INR 4,285 is also available from select financiers
- OPPO upgrade offer INR 2,000 is applicable on Reno8 for loyal users from 25 July 2022 to 31 July 2022.
- Oppo Premium Service – exclusive for oppo Reno users offer Easy EMI option during repair of the phones. Along with this Reno users can avail free pick up & drop service, 24/7 hotline support and free screen guard & back cover