Panasonic India has today launched its flagship Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera, the LUMIX G9. This camera is claimed to deliversthe highest-ever image quality in photo shooting by elevating color reproduction with its 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor, and is an ideal for still and videography. It is available across Panasonic brand shops and is priced at INR 98,990 for body only and INR 1,39,990 with 12-60 leica lens kit.
This camera is equipped with The Body I.S.(Image Stabilizer) and uses a 6.5-stop slower shutter speed, that helps users to stable handheld photography and videography, even in a low-light environment. The camera claims to deliver an outstanding video performance with its HDR video recording, V-Log L recording. Its enhanced functions of 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording ensure 64 times more color information in the videos, high precision, and silky-smooth 4K 60p recording. The high-speed, high-precision AF with DFD technology in Lumix G9 achieves AF speed of 0.04, making it a perfect companion for street, wedding, travel, landscape photographers, and photojournalists. Additionally, the Animal Detect feature in AF mode utilizes advanced AI technology, which allows users to detect animals in addition to humans in a focused frame and continues to track the subject even when it turns its back to the camera; making it an ideal best for wildlife photographers. In addition, the G9 supports VFR (Variable Frame Rate) shooting (FHD 2-180 fps/4K 2-60 fps).
Sensor and processing engine
· The 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor without low-pass filter drives the maximum performance of the lens and the Venus Engine renders high-precision yet natural images with its multi pixel Luminance Generation and Intelligent Detail Processing.
· The new High-Resolution mode produces an 80-megapixel equivalent (10368 x 7776) image by synthesizing eight consecutively shot images while shifting the sensor. Not only JPEG but also RAW format can be produced in the camera, without the need for software processing.
High Mobility & Image Stabilisation
· Panasonic Lumix G9 boasts outstanding performance to achieve the fastest-in-class 1 20 fps (AFC) / 60 fps (AFS) at 20.3-megapixel full resolution.
· Fitted with a blackout-free LVF (Live View Finder), it is the best- mirrorless camera for capturing moving subjects in sharp focus. With its high tracking performance, the LUMIX G9 never loses the target subject.
· Panasonic G9 has a Dual IS system that can make use of both lens and body-based stabilization to compensate for movement across 5-axis. It enables a shutter speed extension of up to 6.5EV at all focal lengths.
· The device includes built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity that offers a more flexible shooting experience and supports instant image sharing with easy operation.
· Compatibility with Bluetooth 4.2 for an uninterrupted connection with a smartphone or tablet with minimum power consumption.
Built and Handling
· Tough enough to withstand even heavy field use, the body of the camera unit is made of a magnesium alloy full die-cast front/rear frame. Secure construction and a sealing for every joint, dial, and button make the Lumix G9 not only splash proof and dustproof, but freeze-proof down to -10 degrees.
· Equipped with a double SD Memory Card slot compatible with high-speed, high capacity UHS-II. Users have the flexibility to choose the recording method from Relay Recording, Backup Recording, or Allocation Recording. The new camera enables not only power charging but also power feeding via USB, which enhances long-time shooting.
Innovative LVF (Live View Finder) with high magnification ratio and excellent performance
· Panasonic Lumix G9 has the largest-in-class LVF with a stunningly high magnification ratio of approx.1.66x / 0.83x (35mm camera equivalent).
· High-precision, high-speed OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display features 3,680K-dot high resolution and 100% field of view. With an eyepoint of approximately 21 mm, it offers high visibility with comfort for users wearing glasses.
· Lumix G9 incorporates Night mode which provides mild backlighting. It lets the user watch the subject comfortably, even immediately after viewing the monitor while in a dark situation for a long time.