Vodafone has rolled out today high speed 4G network in prominent business and residential corridors of Kolkata including BBD Bag, Park Street, Alipore, Ballygunge, Salt Lake Sector 5, Airport and EM bypass. The roll-out will be completed across all parts of Kolkata by June 2016 in a phased manner. The launch in Kolkata follows the successful launch of Vodafone’s 4G services in Kerala and Karnataka, as per company’s press statement.
Built on the 1800 MHz band, this state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone 4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mobile Wi-Fi. Vodafone 4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets offered by leading smartphone manufacturers.
Vodafone 4G will enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats to enjoy and greater ease in using their favorite apps.
Vodafone’s 4G service in Kolkata is built on a strong fibre backhaul, and is supported by its superfast 3G services on a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in Kolkata, 2G/3G/4G services on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Vodafone is also the first and only telecom service provider to currently offer international roaming on 4G to its India customers visiting UK, Germany, Romania, Spain and Netherlands.
Vodafone is also rolling out a bonanza of special offfer for its subscribers in Kolkata from 26th January, which include :
· Free upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
· Free Unlimited movie subscription through a partnership with Hungama Play – access to 7500 + titles (including 70+ Bengali movies) for 3 months
· Free unlimited music streaming on Vodafone Music (over 1.2 million songs to choose from)
· 100% Extra Data – for all 4G RED customers for 3 months
· 100% Extra Data – for 1GB + 4G recharges –for 1 month
· Array of Data Packs ranging from 150MB for just Rs 42 to a bonanza pack of 25GB at Rs 2049
· 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices