Airtel, a leading global telecom service provider, today announced the launch of ‘One Touch Internet’ – a first of its kind initiative aimed at simplifying internet services for millions of first-time users in India. Airtel’s ‘One Touch Internet’ is a WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) portal designed with a simple, secure and intuitive interface that will allow first-time users to discover the internet easily and help them overcome common perception barriers around the mobile data experience. Now available for prepaid mobile customers on Airtel – ‘One Touch Internet’ will work as a single point destination for uninitiated internet users to see-try-buy a host of popular services (including social networking, videos, online shopping and travel bookings) through free tutorial videos and trial packs – all with just one touch, states the press relesas of Airtel.
One Touch Internet is currently available in English and Hindi, and will also be available in 8 Indian vernacular languages in weeks to come. To self-learn or have family and friends explain the internet to them easily, Airtel prepaid mobile customers can now call 111 or simply visit http://one.airtel.in on their mobile phones’ web browsers.
Key features of One Touch Internet :
- Opportunity for first-time data users in India to learn & experience the internet
- One-stop-shop to see-try-buy internet services
- Simple & intuitive user interface specially designed to aid learning
- Free trial packs and video tutorials for popular services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc
- Intuitive pricing packs for first-time users
- Easy subscription to internet packs with ‘My Account’ management: Check balance for TalkTime, data, trial usage etc.
- Available for 2G & 3G Airtel prepaid mobile customers with internet-enabled devices
- Available in English & Hindi; 8 vernacular languages to be added
Announcing the launch, Srinivasan Gopalan, Director – Consumer Business, Bharti Airtel said, “The Indian telecom market has entered a phase of data led growth. As data networks expand and internet enabled devices become affordable – more and more Indians are getting online on their mobile devices. However, our market research has shown that there are millions of customers across the country who own an internet-ready mobile device and are keen on getting online, but are apprehensive due to reasons like lack of know-how and fear of incurring heavy data charges. Airtel’s ‘One Touch Internet’ will address these very customer challenges and play the crucial role of hand-holding first-time mobile users as they discover the internet. We believe that this initiative can play a transformational role in breaking perception barriers among customers and demystifying the internet not only for the young and urban, but for people from across generations and social strata – thus giving the Indian masses an opportunity to enjoy their first ever internet experience”.