US online retail giant Amazon has announced the launch of its 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store featuring hundreds of thousands of nutrition, wellness, exercise and fitness, medical, personal care, beauty, entertainment items and more – all in a single destination for customers in the 50+ age range. In addition to offering items for fast, free shipping through Amazon Prime and Super Saver Shipping, customers can also sign up to receive thousands of items – including everyday essentials like vitamins, incontinence care products and shampoo – delivered automatically to their home and at a discounted price via the Subscribe & Save program. The store will feature detailed product information, images, customer reviews, best sellers, recommendations and a Resource Center with tips on beauty, healthy eating, care giving and various other topics to help customers discover products that are right for them.
“We’re excited to offer customers in the 50+ age range a place to easily discover hundreds of thousands of items that promote active and healthy living. This is a destination where a customer can purchase anything from vitamins and blood pressure monitors to skin care items and books on traveling the world,” said Chance Wales, Director of Beauty and Health & Personal Care for Amazon. “Our goal is to offer great prices on a vast selection of items and a robust Resource Center filled with tips on everything from boosting brain power to care-giving.”
Visitors to Amazon’s 50+ Active and Healthy Living Store will find a wide selection of items in the following categories:
- Nutrition & Wellness: Vitamins and supplements, nutritional drinks and bars, etc.
- Exercise & Fitness: Activity monitors, videos on active living, exercise equipment, athletic apparel, etc.
- Health Care: Diabetes management items, over-the-counter medicines, first aid items, etc.
- Medical Supplies: Blood pressure monitors, daily living aids, mobility aids, etc.
- Incontinence: Briefs and underwear, pads and guards, cleansers, furniture protection, etc.
- Personal Care: Men’s grooming needs, oral care, hair loss items, feminine care, etc.
- Beauty: Skin care, bath and body items, fragrance, cosmetics, etc.
- Travel & Leisure: Travel guides, travel bags, toiletries, etc.
- Entertainment: Books, audio books, video, etc.