Amazon has launched the Amazon Instant Video app for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, giving customers even easier access to the more than 140,000 movies and TV episodes available to purchase or rent from the Amazon Instant Video library. In addition, the app gives Amazon Prime customers access to more than 30,000 movies and TV episodes to stream at no additional cost.
The Amazon Instant Video app can be found at no additional charge on the Wii U home screen or in the Nintendo’s Wii U eShop on the game console for customers to easily download and install. The Wii U GamePad controller lets customers use the 6.2-inch touch screen on the GamePad to search and browse for titles, and even playback video on the GamePad screen.
The Amazon Instant Video app for Wii U provides customers with a comprehensive Amazon Instant Video experience including:
- Instant streaming of more than 140,000 titles from the Amazon Instant Video library and more than 30,000 Prime Instant Video titles for Prime members
- Smart lists such as “Recently Watched,” “Watchlist,” “Genre Recommendations” and “More Like This” that allow customers to easily manage their viewing choices
- Your Video Library gives customers access to purchases from Amazon Instant Video on the Wii or any of the hundreds of other devices enabled for Amazon Instant Video
- Parental Controls and Kid Zone features that allow parents to manage access to age appropriate content and also easily navigate specific categories to find family-friendly programming by age
- The Second Screen Experience with the Wii U GamePad controller lets customers use the touch screen on the GamePad to search, browse or playback titles on the GamePad screen
- Whispersync lets customers seamlessly switch from one device to another. Start streaming a movie on Kindle Fire, then pick up right where you left off on your Wii U – avoid the frustration of having to find your spot