txtWeb is a revolutionary platform where anyone with a mobile phone can discover and consume content/services just by SMSing keywords to 9243342000. These applications are created by an open community of publishers and developers and can include Wikipedia content, local market prices, government programs, financial literacy tips etc. Also, importantly, for publishers and developers, txtWeb is one of the fastest platforms to make content and services available to billions. Creating a txtSite takes only 5 minutes, while developing and deploying an SMS-based app on txtWeb usually takes about 5 hours.
Starting 27th May, 2011, txtWeb has announced and launched App2Fame, a national level mobile application contest inviting students, professional, businesses, start-ups etc across India to make user-friendly, market-savvy and socially relevant SMS-based applications. 30th June, 2011 is the last day for submitting entries.
Things to remember before taking up the challenge:
- A participant must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
- Participants may form a team of up to 2 individuals.
- The contest is valid in India only.
- The participant has read the Terms and Conditions.
Goodies up for grabs for the winners of the best apps include:
- One travel voucher worth Rs 1 lakh (!!) for the first prize winners in ‘Most Popular’ and ‘Judges Choice Award’ categories,
- iPad or vouchers worth Rs 50,000 for the second prize winners in ‘Most Popular’ and ‘Judges Choice Award’ categories,
- Vouchers worth Rs 20000 for three third prize winners in ‘Most Popular’ and ‘Judges Choice Award’ categories,
- iPad2 or voucher worth Rs 50000 for Social Impact Award,
- To top 5 student developers – Opportunity to intern with Intuit,
- Opportunity to Top 5 start-ups to showcase their business plan to an expert panel including VC’s.
Log in to the website www.app2fame.com and follow the links there to register for the contest. Once registered, start building and then deploy your app.
Contest start date: 27-May-2011
Last date of submitting your app: 30-June-2011