Apple has introduced iPhone 14 with 6.1-inch OLED Super Retina XDR display and iPhone 14 Plus with 6.7 inch OLED Super Retina XDR display. The larger display of iPhone 14 Plus will be for those who stream a lot of movies and play games. Both models have an updated internal design for better thermal performance, Super Retina XDR displays with OLED technology that supports 1200 nits of peak HDR brightness, a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, and Dolby Vision.
The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus also feature the durable Ceramic Shield front cover — exclusive to iPhone and tougher than any other smartphone glass — and are protected from common spills and accidents with water and dust resistance.
iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus are packed with 12MP wide-angle camera featuring a larger sensor and larger pixels and 12MP 120° Ultra Wide secondary camera to capture more of a scene, and Photonic Engine for good low-light performance. The Photonic Engine claims to improve mid- to low-light performance for photos across all cameras: up to 2x on the Ultra Wide camera, 2x on the TrueDepth camera, and 2.5x on the new Main camera. For selfies, these phones have 12MP TrueDepth front camera.
- Dual-camera system upgrades and features include:
- A new Main camera with a larger ƒ/1.5 aperture and 1.9 µm pixels, enabling photo and video improvements in all lighting scenarios for better detail and motion freezing, less noise, faster exposure times, and sensor-shift optical image stabilisation.
- A new front TrueDepth camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture that enables better low-light performance for photos and video.
- A new Action mode for incredibly smooth-looking video that adjusts to significant shakes, motion, and vibrations, even when video is being captured in the middle of the action.
- The Ultra Wide camera, offering a unique perspective for wider shots and improvements to low-light photos with Photonic Engine.
- An improved True Tone flash that is 10 percent brighter and has better uniformity for more consistent lighting.
- Cinematic mode, now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps.
- End-to-end Dolby Vision HDR, available only on iPhone
Both the phones are powered by improved A15 Bionic chip. The 6-core CPU handles demanding tasks smoothly and efficiently, and the 16-core Neural Engine is capable of 15.8 trillion operations per second, enabling even faster machine learning computations for features in iOS 16 and third-party app experiences.
These phones run on the latest iOS 16 with features of Lock Screen along with new communication, sharing, and intelligence features. The iPhone 14 lineup also comes with Crash Detection and Emergency SOS via satellite features. Emergency SOS via satellite will be available to users in the US and Canada in November, and the service will be free for two years. The iPhone 14 series will have Fitness+ fully integrated with the Fitness app coming with iOS 16 and located in the middle tab, where users can stay motivated to close their Move ring through awards, activity sharing, and more. Users only need an iPhone to sign up, and can then experience Fitness+ on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus will be available in midnight, blue, starlight, purple, and (PRODUCT)RED in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage capacities. Pre-order for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus begins on Friday, September 9. iPhone 14 will be available beginning Friday, September 16, and iPhone 14 Plus beginning Friday, October 7.
iPhone 14 128GB – INR 79900
iPhone 14 256GB – INR 89900
iPhone 14 512GB – INR 109900
iPhone 14 Plus 128GB – INR 89900
iPhone 14 Plus 256GB – INR 99900
iPhone 14 Plus 512GB – INR 119900